PDA

View Full Version : Panicking about Testicles

Anxiousness123
20-02-14, 15:00
Hi,
I am a healthy 12 year old male. I am panicking about my right testicle.
So in October, 2013, I went to the doctor because my right testicle was hurting and was swollen, and I was diagnosed with an infection by ultrasound. So I had antibiotics and the swelling went down.
The problem was, I kept checking my testicles, and on December, 2013, I found a lump on my testicle. About 4 mm, thin and rice grain shaped. Right on top of my right testicle. So I went to the doctor and had another ultrasound, and he felt it. The problem in that was we could only rely on the ultrasound because he couldn't feel the lump. I was diagnosed and the results were completely normal. But I'm really worried about it, because I'm afraid or testicular cancer or tumor.
P.S there are no pain at all, just the lump.

nomorepanic
20-02-14, 15:30
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Ande
20-02-14, 19:15
Hi mate, i just want you to know that you have nothing to worry about, i had the same worry years ago and went to the doctors, hospital etc, had a scan and all was ok, the thing i felt which was exactly as you describe and in the same place is called an epidydemol cyst, they are perfectly normal, my own doctor told me at the time he has them himself, on both testicles, honestly mate, i spent ages worrying for nothing, mine is still there and is still the same.

Anxiousness123
21-02-14, 14:17

greggs92
21-02-14, 14:30
Hi mate, i just want you to know that you have nothing to worry about, i had the same worry years ago and went to the doctors, hospital etc, had a scan and all was ok, the thing i felt which was exactly as you describe and in the same place is called an epidydemol cyst, they are perfectly normal, my own doctor told me at the time he has them himself, on both testicles, honestly mate, i spent ages worrying for nothing, mine is still there and is still the same.

I can back him up, because I've had the same experience :) so don't fear anything, you're fine :)

Anxiousness123
23-02-14, 05:29
Thanks greggs92 and Ande!

Jayuk
22-03-14, 20:34
It could also be what is called the testes appendix or something along this lines, like a small grain of rice.