PDA

View Full Version : Red dots on tongue.

TheGoldenTomato
20-02-14, 17:02
I've been on antibiotics for a chest infection for the past week and finished them a couple of days ago. I have a slight white coating on my tongue with a few little breaks in it ... Red dots. They are not raised or painful but I'm freaking out. It looks awful! So scared.:weep:

nomorepanic
20-02-14, 17:19
Probably from the antibiotics and harmless

anthrokid
24-02-14, 00:33
This actually sounds like oral thrush. It is very common for people to get this when they have been on a dose of antibiotics because it changes the healthy bacteria balance in your mouth, making your mouth an ideal place for thrush to grow. This is in NO WAY dangerous, just funny looking and sometimes itchy. This can be fixed very easily with a simple one-dose thrush treatment. If you visit your GP and show them they'll be able to tell you for sure what it is and give you the medication if it is thrush. You could probably even pop into your pharmacist and ask if they think it is thrush, they see it a lot and you can generally get the treatment over the counter. Rest assured it is nothing serious, just a coating on the tongue from something or slight thrush growth.