PDA

View Full Version : Blood Clot Paranoia (Again...)

well-then
20-02-14, 17:22
Once again, after a good few months without this fear, I find myself with calf pains again at 3am in the morning. OTL Nothing's changed, I'm still not obese, and I don't smoke or use birth control.

It seems to happen every time I walk for long periods of time, which is the complete opposite of what brings on DVT, but I do have a largely sedentary (as in 10+ hours on my bed reading/drawing/internet surfing and whatnot) lifestyle besides the occasional trip to the shops. It's not healthy, but I have no energy to do anything else during these holidays, but I start university in a week, so I might be walking at least a little bit more.

I keep telling myself the leg pains are from the sudden physical activity+eating disorder I have, but the thoughts keep coming, and I think I'll have to book an appointment with my therapist some time. My doctor hasn't run any tests and hasn't considered DVT, but says that my leg pains are probably due to a lack of potassium. I suppose that could be it, since I hardly eat fruit.

Googling symptoms sometimes has weird results; I do it to look at cases of REAL blood clots, and sometimes it reassures me that I definitely do not have what I see online. But then I see stories of perfectly healthy young people dropping dead and I get anxious again, so no googling anymore.

Still, laying in bed feeling my calf twitch and ache while my foot gets numb and feels hot (not to touch, just sensations) makes me very, very nervous. Ugh.