PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my head??

**whenwillthisend**
23-11-06, 14:47
hi there...can anyone relate to my current symptom-
the feeling of whoosy, whoozy , swaying, not really here kind here feeling-it seems to be worse with the tension headaches im getting everyday, its really delibitating and in fact is making me feel run down and a wreck, its a half dizzy half faint feeling i suppose and is making me just want to faint just to get the feeling over and done with..........of cause the feeling is dragging on and on...i had this really bad this time last year-and convinced myself i had a tumour in my head...enough to send me for a scan which of cause was clear-
please anybody, how do you get rid of this horrible feeling in your head?
thanks for readingxx

shereedac
23-11-06, 15:29
Hi there, i also get this. It is very very debilitating. I just can,t do anything because of it. I walk about like i am drunk walking into doors etc, I feel very whoosy in my head as if i am going to pass out at ant minute, along with the tightness in my head etc . Just can,t focus on anything. Also had a brain scan which was clear but because i feel this way all the time can,t help but think something is wrong. Doesn,t go away.Sorry i don,t have any advice on how to get rid of it.x

sheree ritchie

net
23-11-06, 15:30
i get it and my dr said it could be stress even though i dont know whats stressing me

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

reddevil
23-11-06, 15:38
Hi,

I have suffered with this for years, had all tests possible and it's boils down to anxiety and stress, even though I feel relaxed and not stressed.

Red

Insomniac
23-11-06, 16:52
Not sure how to help with this one. I do get this but luckily not too often now, its almost like vertigo. I do find that concentrating on things close by and doing breathing exercises (on home page of NMP) really do help. Sometimes it takes a while but it does pass. The more you get used to getting rid of it you can try to train your brain by telling it that you've got rid of this feeling before so you know you can again. (The stubborn bit of me always feels like adding "so there" when I give the anxiety a talking to!:D) It is awful when you have it, but its just the anxiety (easy to say I know). It is tiring, but its probably the adrenaline because your body is constantly getting ready for fight or flight, but doesn't really need to so it doesn't know how to use the adrenaline. Maybe some very gentle exercise might help?

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Insomniac
23-11-06, 16:54
Me again. Also relaxation exercises or a soothing bath with lavendar might help. Anything that eases the anxiety will ease the headaches and disorientation.

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Jem27
23-11-06, 19:46
Its stress, ive had that when im extremely anxious and its horrible. All I can say is do your best to relax and try to combat your anxiety. I suffer health anxiety bad at times and thats when my head feels really dizzy and woozy but when I relax and think its nothing serious I feel ok again.

alexm
24-11-06, 09:39
maybe this can help explain?

it did for me - i couldnt put a name to it

http://www.panic-anxiety.com/depersonalization_derealization.htm

alexm
24-11-06, 09:41
maybe this can help explain?

it did for me - i couldnt put a name to it

http://www.panic-anxiety.com/depersonalization_derealization.htm

eddie
24-11-06, 23:49
i have constant balance problems/dizziness. i kind of have to hold on to things when i walk around because i feel like i might fall over or collapse. i also have a feeling of pressure in my temples and tension in my jaw and forehead. the doctor thinks its caused by depression/anxiety.

**whenwillthisend**
25-11-06, 20:11
thanx everyone for repling-you know this is a horrible symptom and i seem to get it and it lasts days-only to be replaced by some other delightful symptom.......then it comes back-at least im not the only one with this (not that i want anyone else to suffer)
take care

rb1978
27-11-06, 19:14
I've been having similar symptoms on and off for about 6 months: some days feeling woozy/lightheaded/like I have to take everything v slow and not make any suddent movements, some days ringing in my ear or sounds amplified, some days (like today) nasty tense neck pains down that side like everything's tight. Or tightness in my head/jaw area.

Sometimes I sit and think "can this REALLY be anxiety?", despite the fact that I spend most of my waking moments worrying about it which is a pretty good indication, but reading others' experiences helps so much.

I have some meds I got that seem to help me a little bit with the dizziness side of it - called Prochlorperazine.

looking4answers
28-11-06, 23:59
I don't know what it is but have been feeling it off and on since I started experiencing anxiety again.I will be on the computer and have my head back against the bed and feel like im whoosy or disoreinted..especially at night.I have had it during the daytime too just a little unbalanced and also feeling of not there.. not in the depersoalzation feeling but just weird..like you had a stroke..I assure you its anxiety but it happens alot.I keep thinking its associated with some vasular problem but I have been checked for that so thats not it.. the only thing that I can think of is anxiety..hope it helps to know someone else is having the same issue ..As a matter of fact i have had this off and on for over 25 years.. just kind of comes and goes and think it has a lot to do with whether im nervous about something or someone..

anxious in Iowa
29-11-06, 18:17
i also get this. i thought i was the only one! usually it accompanies being extremely stressed. though sometimes i don't even feel stressed, and it's still there. i thought it might be allergies because it started in the fall and high pollen counts can make your head feel light. i think it's probably a combination of allergies, stress, and a heightened awareness of your health.

halfwayhome
30-11-06, 08:27
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
Sometimes I sit and think "can this REALLY be anxiety?", despite the fact that I spend most of my waking moments worrying about it which is a pretty good indication, but reading others' experiences helps so much.

<div align="right">Originally posted by rb1978 - 27 November 2006 : 19:14:01</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

One would think th at the fact that we spend all day stressing about our symptoms would make us realize that it's anxiety, but it never does, huh? :(

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox