PDA

View Full Version : Venlafaxine blood pressure

mandymoo
20-02-14, 23:54
Hi everyone
I started taking venlafaxine about a year ago. I have read that you are supposed to have your blood pressure monitored. My psychiatrist has taken my bp only twice, the day she prescribed it to me and once approximately 4 months ago when my partner was there, she said it was ok. I have had my venlafaxine increased several times and am now on 300mg. My psychiatrist says she doesnt need to see me again and is leaving me in the care of my care coordinator, i have been waiting to see a psychologist for about a year too. On and off i have been getting headaches, i have had this constant nagging head headache for the past 3 days and i am wondering what is the cause of it. The fact that my psychiatrist hasnt been keeping an eye on bp is concerning me, i have made an appointment to see my gp which is 5th March and just thought id ask about it on here in the meantime (i dont have a lot of trust in my psychiatrist). Thankyou all in advance.
Mandy.xxx

nomorepanic
21-02-14, 00:10
Why not pop into Boots or Lloyds Pharmacy and get them to do the blood pressure for you

Pipkin
21-02-14, 00:13
Hi Mandy,

I doubt if it's a problem but you're right, you are supposed to get your BP monitored on ven. I'm only on 150mg but my GP checks my BP each time - it's been normal each time.

Pip