PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Remedy

Deb Izz
23-07-04, 16:34
Thank you for introducing me to Rescue Remedy, I used it today for the first time and it worked (just hope it wasn't a fluke!!!!!!).

I've got my first session with a counsellor on Monday and I haven't a clue what to expect, can you give me any insight?

Deb x

Meg
23-07-04, 18:09
Glad to hear rescue remedy helped.

A counsellor will ask you about events leading up to where you are now, any medical history and essentially try to get to the bottom of your issues and current situation.

Your role is to answer and expand on the topics that come up in your conversations.

Usually on a first meeting they are simply trying to get an over all picture of your situation, and then they usually summarize at the end and suggest a plan of action to carry you forward over the time till you meet again and what they think would be the best way to tackle these issues in the weeks ahead.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

nomorepanic
23-07-04, 19:29
Hi Deb

Great news about the Rescue Remedy. Bet you were pleased that it dud work.

I saw a psychotherapist for about 9 months and each week we discussed different issues that I had and she gave me tasks to do. These were things like going on a bus, going shopping, writing down my thoughts, what food I ate, how bad the panic was and I use to get a lot of dreams so she got me to write them down too.

We talked about the past and my childhood and generally chatted about anything that I wanted to to try and understand the panics and conquer them.

It will really help you even if it is just someone to talk to that understands and can help.

Good luck!

Nicola

sal
23-07-04, 21:03
Hi Deb

Pleased the rescue remedy helped you. I bought some months ago and carry it in my bag and have one by my bed, but everytime i get anxious i take a diazepam without thinking. So hearing it worked for you will try that as my first option.

Hope it goes well with the counsellor. Only advice i can give on that is what i did and for the first time opened up completely and told her everything as knew she wouldnt jusge me. The more information you can give, the more of a picute they can build and the bigger the picture the more they can help.

Hope it goes well.

Love Sal xxxx

razocaine_07
21-11-04, 19:20
i was gonna try rescue remedy now that im off my long term medication. My sister and girlfriend both use it for panic attacks and i was just gonna ask if it actually works or is it just a placebo?

nomorepanic
21-11-04, 19:50
It works for a lot on here.

If it is a placebo and it works then people won't knock it lol.

try it and then you can tell us if it helped you.

Nicola

Meg
21-11-04, 22:24
Well done for getting off your medication !!

It certainly took the edge off difficult times for me . I used quite a lot of the flower essences and found them good .

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

razocaine_07
22-11-04, 20:18
thanx alot, i will try the rescue remedy and see if it works

FAN
17-12-04, 18:39
i started using rescue remedy yesterday and found i felt much better today....i got the spray and drops so shall probably be seen clutching my bottles a lot lol

fan x

Hayley
12-01-05, 11:39
Can I use it while on propranalol?

nomorepanic
12-01-05, 12:54
Hayley

Yes is is safe to use with any other medication as it is effectively a herbal remedy.

Nicola

Sarah-Jane
18-01-05, 02:10
What is rescue remedy? what does it do? where do i get it from??

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

nomorepanic
18-01-05, 12:52
Sarah-Jane

Take a look at this page on the website ..

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/remedies.htm

It is the Bach flower remedies.

Nicola

Sarah-Jane
18-01-05, 22:32
Nicola

Thanks so much for the link i found out that asda chemist near me sells it so i will go get some tomorrow xxxxxxxx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx