PDA

View Full Version : fed up of this anxiety

mingsy
23-11-06, 16:57
Hi
Feeling really down today. Thought I was seeing light at the end of the tunnel, but someone has now switched the light off. I have general anxiety almost all of the time, which then escalates into panic attacks, I've been on meds for 4 weeks and also having CBT. Did really well this week have been shopping by myself, even went to the hairdressers and had my hair cut, but today from opening my eyes just overwhelming anxiety, can't understand it as I had nothing to do today. Is this happening to anybody else, just when you think you might be turning the corner, wham it hits you and knock you right back? I'd appreciate any help.
Jane

JANE

yorkylover
23-11-06, 17:12
Hi Jane,sorry you are feeling so low today.This how it affects us pet.I felt like you a few days ago and then I was good then back down again.well done on going shopping and to the hairdressers.That was really positive.It will get better.;)

Ellen XX

sarah1984
23-11-06, 17:58
Hi Jane!
I think you should pat yourself on the back for what you've managed to achieve this week. It's still very early days for the CBT and the meds-most meds don't tend to kick in till after four weeks, but I felt a kind of "placebo" effect of relief as soon as I started taking mine. It's very much a case of swings and roundabouts-I know the feeling as I've been through hell this year, being diagnosed with GAD in March, but now, I'm 99% better, and if someone told me I would feel this way back in the spring, I would have jumped for joy! Unfortunately, getting better doesn't happen all of a sudden, but you do find the bad days get less and less and fewer and far between. However, rest assured, you're doing exactly the right things. I know my therapist recommended I kept a mood diary to record my good days-how I felt and what I managed to do, so I could look back over them when I had a bad episode and give myself a mental pat on the back. I found setting myself small goals helped, taking one step at a time.
Good Luck
Sarah x

mooks
24-11-06, 00:37
we can all sympathise your saying nothing most of us don't say.
The neds do take time...but will help..ive just started CBT and its early days so I know what you mean..See my post on Morning Anxiety...its so common as you'll see from all the posts...I still cant get rid of it..my therpaists says its the shock of awaking and re rattling all those negative thoughts..maybe...

honeybee3939
24-11-06, 11:00
HI Jane,

You have done real well with what you have achieved this week, give your self a pat on the back, thats a positive step forward for you.

I can be like you also i have days when i have nothing to do and that sets my anxiety off again, i find if i can keep busy and distract myself it always helps. Im glad to hear you are having CBT, that will help you also.

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

taffysteve
24-11-06, 11:45
You are not alone on this - not at all - and it is one of the most frustrating aspects of recovery...

I have been in a similar circumstance to you - I have great weeks and I think I am 100% cured - then out of the blue and with no trigger that I can identify - I take a few steps backwards.

What is essential though is to realise you are not back to square 1! Yes, you may be back some of the way, but you will recover and go further along the path to recovery.

However, I know what you will be thinking reading this right now - "This may be true for most people, but not for me...I'm stuck with this for ever". I know that because that's exactly how I think too - but the evidence indicates that the truth is that we will get better - it just takes time.

Wishes of strength for you...

Steve

***Fall down 7 times - stand up 8 times***

mingsy
24-11-06, 12:57
Hi
Thanks everyone for your replys, I think I know deep down that this only a set back but the reassurance from you all is great tonic. I'm not going to let the anxiety beat me and I've got to look back at what I have achieved and look at this part of my recovery as a blip. Thanks again for your support.
Jane

JANE