PDA

View Full Version : Back pain

pmcb12
21-02-14, 11:59
New symptoms to add to my endless list! Now feeling nagging pain upper left of my back. I am waiting for an ultrasound scan for a pulling sensation and dull ache under left ribs at the back. Anxiety peaking as I can't stop thinking about it. Am worried now it's my lungs. Have really cut down on smoking have been using electronic cigarettes know I need to stop.Am so feared of C can't even write the word. Been thinking this is muscular then ibs.Anyone out there to speak to I am driving myself mad with worry my life seems at a stand still.

Tanner40
21-02-14, 12:16
PMCB, while no one on here can diagnose you, the symptoms that you are mentioning can come from the muscular tension that anxiety creates. I, too, smoke, and know that I shouldn't. Hardest thing to quit, those darn cigarettes.
Try to relax until after the scan. Why not try assuming and accepting that all of these symptoms are anxiety related until after you get the scan results. I find that the less attention that I pay to physical symptoms, the faster that they seem to go away.

pmcb12
21-02-14, 16:46
Thank you Tanner will try to ignore it I know anxiety can make symptoms worse at least I've managed to stop googling .