PDA

View Full Version : Please understand I am having a bad time and just give you opinions

sahara
21-02-14, 12:13
I have found this new lump in my breast. Very hard. Now I have had this breast ultrasound a month ago. And all they found was a cyst in a completely diff area. They did quickly scan most of the breast I think but tbh I cant remember how well. Do I need to go and get this lump checked. Could it be cancer or am I being silly and is it anxiety I just cant tell.

Annie0904
21-02-14, 12:24
If it is a new lump then it maybe best to have your doctor check it. If you are prone to cysts then it is probably another cyst but I guess you will only worry until you know for sure so best to get it checked. I very much doubt it would be anything sinister though if you just had a scan a month ago.

meche
21-02-14, 12:28
I agree with Annie. Any new lumps should be checked out by your doctor. He/she will probably refer you but that is standard procedure. It's likely to be another cyst but for peace of mind get it seen to ASAP. Big hugs. xx

sahara
21-02-14, 17:46
It feels like someone is being really cruel to me to have to go back again. The Drs cant see me til March. I really am not coping to well with this now.

Annie0904
21-02-14, 18:22
March is next week :) I guess since you have been seen recently they won't expect it to be any great concern. It is most likely another cyst but you are doing the right thing getting it checked. My step daughter has similar problems but all her lumps have been benign.

sahara
21-02-14, 20:36
No I am doing the worst thing and self diagnosing. Its rock hard. Harder than any other I have had. Unfortunately that is only the GP apt. The breast clinic will be another 2 weeks after. I am worried about keeping calm as mentally this is too much. I keep breaking down.

Lauralou
21-02-14, 20:58
hi I am having the same problem and your lump sounds like mine it goes from my rib cage to just under my nipple and its long shaped and hardish I went to the gp yesterday and he said to him it does not feel like anything to be worried about but he will refer me to the breast clinic so now its just a waiting game im so worried and scared and keep imagining the worst possible things :( I hate waitin and I know waiting for my appointment to come is driving me crazy I googled and nothing comes up about the type of lump I feel x

sahara
21-02-14, 22:06
Hi laura Lou, mine is a lot smaller. Is yours a vein. sounds like one. I have been to the breast clinic before and whilst a bit scary they are lovely. I am sure it will be fine. When is your apt?x

Lauralou
22-02-14, 07:58
I dont know i have to wait for my appointment to come through :( its worrying me its all i can think about the what ifs x

sahara
22-02-14, 22:05
Aww the waiting is horrid, mine last one was 12 days after I saw my gp but it took 6 days for the letter to arrive. Big hugs, the waiting is horrid x

GlassPinata
24-02-14, 06:06
I've gotten to the point where I never look at or touch my breasts, for fear of finding lumps.
I can definitely relate to what you are going through.
I am sure everything will be fine.
Lumps are so common, and usually benign, but everyone's right: they do need to be looked at by a doctor.
Best of luck.

sahara
25-02-14, 22:26
ThAanks glasspinata. I wonder whether I would be better off not checking! I am sure this anxiety is killing me just as much as anything else x

Lilharry
25-02-14, 23:57
I found a lump and went to my doctor and she said to leave it for a month and see if it goes away. It did! She said they are common and usually nothing to worry about.