PDA

View Full Version : svt symptoms

lorraine
21-02-14, 17:14
hi

six years ago i had where my heart was beating 178 beats a minute for about an hour very uncomfortable. went to docs he said maybe a panic attack. started to get eptopic beats and fluttering so the doc sent me for a heart scan (echo) tread mill test ect. My blood test all came back clear.
Had calcum score is was 0. Echo was fine nothing wrong. I had another of these attacks 8 months later only it did not last so long. Went back to my doc he did an ecg everything ok. I have had another 3 attacks the longest being 2yrs inbetween. The last one i had i actually called an albulance out and had the ecg going the whole time it did go down to 130 went to the docs he put me on beta blocker propodol. What i am worring about is maybe im suffering with svt and its been undiagnosed. I did ask the paramedic if it was an svt and he said no it goes over 200 beats and more. He said it was adenaline. The only thing i do seem to have when ever it happens its a period and bending forward and standing up quickly. I have had losts of ecgs in the past. all clear. By the way i do suffer with anxiety and panic attacks and have done since a child. My doc has now put it down to hormones & adrenaline i am 47 years old.

just wondered if anybody had had anything similar.

Lorraine

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

hi

can anyone shed any light. would they no if it ws svt by the ecg while it was happening.

lorraine

janzenz
22-02-14, 23:12
Yes! I think hormone related... I am 45. Started having racing heart episodes april last year... have had ectopics since my early 20's but not racing. Now I take propanolol if and when needed... are you peri menopausal?

lorraine
23-02-14, 09:51
hi

Yes i am peri. Periods gone from34 day cycle to 28. Only lasting two days. I also get eptopics and other symptoms like not sleeping ect. Do your racing heart episodes last as long as an hour? Thanks so much for your reply.

LOrraine

toffee
23-03-14, 08:31
Hello,

I am very similar to you. I am 47 years old and about 5 years ago my heart starting beating at about 160 beats per minute, it lasted about an hour. It has happened since about once every year. I saw a cardiologist who said it was probably SVT, she told me that the next time it happens to go to A & E. Well it did happen again, I went to A & E and they confirmed it was SVT, although they didn't tell me why it was happening. This time it went up to 190 beats per minute and lasted about 6 hours. I was sent home once it calmed down with no further treatment.

I live in fear of it happening again. I thought it could be related to the menopause, but not sure. The one thing I am sure of is that it is very scary.