PDA

View Full Version : Driving test nerves

AnxietySufferer
21-02-14, 21:46
I have my driving test coming up and I'm REALLY nervous.. Any tips?! I'm really worried I'm not ready :( my instructor gave me a mock and I failed pretty badly :(
Anyone have any tips on driving tests or just how to relax? This is my first one so I don't really know what to expect :(

spuder
21-02-14, 21:50
Hi Hun good luck with your test sum one tame batch remedy made them relax and tbey passed. My hubby failed 4 times he thought he would never pass but now he has been driving 5 years hope all goes well xxxxxx

nicola1980
22-02-14, 01:34
Hi good luck with your driving test, if your really nervous your gp could prescribe you some beta blockers to help you with your nerves on the day, that's what they did for my sister and it really helped her and she passed :D x x

shakey1961
22-02-14, 07:48
All I'm going to tell you to do is practice driving if you have access to a car other than your instructors. You've obviously passed the theory part.

I'm not going to tell you to not be nervous, because you will be. Think about it though, even the person without anxiety, who is about to take their test, will be nervous! You're no different from anyone else.

Practice practice practice! It's the only way. The more you do it, the more confidence you will have and the less nervous you will be.

You need some nerves to keep you on your toes.

I play trombone in an orchestra. At our Christmas Concert 2012 I had a particularly tricky set of solo notes to play and I was nervous. I practiced and practiced, getting it wrong more times than getting it right. I was even going through the motions of playing it in the few minutes before we played the piece. A few minutes later it was the moment of truth and I played it perfectly - all because I was slightly on edge and it concentrated my mind on the task in hand!

It is a fine line though - too much anxiety and your performance can drop away.

The more you practice, the more confident you will be, and it's this confidence that will reduce your anxiety, but not take it away.

And so what if you fail, you can take it again and be better next time as you'll have more time to get that practice under your belt.

AnxietySufferer
22-02-14, 10:31
Thankyou very much for your kind words and advice! I had the worst night sleep as it dawned on me how close it is and I feel so anxious... Worst night sleep I have had in a long time :( I know I just need to relax and tell my self I potentially can pass... Otherwise the instructor wouldn't if put me in for it... But I am just do nervous.. I have some calm pastille a ready for my test.. Maybe I should take some now haha, I think part of my worry, as ridiculous as it is, is my driving instructor he is just so judge mental... I failed my theory test first time because of nerves and I don't want my practical test to be the same :( I so badly want to pass!!

greggs92
22-02-14, 10:56
I have my driving test coming up and I'm REALLY nervous.. Any tips?! I'm really worried I'm not ready :( my instructor gave me a mock and I failed pretty badly :(
Anyone have any tips on driving tests or just how to relax? This is my first one so I don't really know what to expect :(

Believe in yourself, because you can and will past the test :)
I recommend Karms herbal tablets, camomile tea and breathing exercises accompanied by relaxing music.
Good Luck :)

AnxietySufferer
23-02-14, 13:47
Thanks a lot for your replies.. The test is next week and I am ridiculously nervous :( I keep doing little things wrong, and I my instructor makes me feel really

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

pressurised as silly as it is.. I keep thinking of what the drive home will be like if I fail.. And I'm really worried I am going to start crying or somethig... I know this sounds really pathetic :(