PDA

View Full Version : Hey.

NotCool
22-02-14, 01:00
Hello.

I'm a 25 year old economics student, who in retrospect, has been struggling with one or the other form of anxiety for years. The main version is Health anxiety, with multiple problems stemming from my bad image, self esteem, and phobias.

The anxiety got a firm grip on me in the last 6 months. It started with a lung-disease scare, which kept going with heart problems scare. I've been to the doctors multiple times, got numerous EKGs, 2 Chest X-rays, general blood tests (including thyroid hormones), and a stress test. My BP is a bit on the higher side, but other than that and the fact that my shape is horrible, there is supposedly not a physical problem with me.

It was too late though. The anxiety creeped its way deep into my mind, resulting in random panic attacks, crippling feelings which are making me want to stay home more and more, and turned me away from all friends except my family, who is basically sick of me "finding external excuses for my life", a messed up sleep schedule with frequent waking up (at least every 2-3 hours), sleep paralysis episodes, etc.. The newest of all the symptoms is weird random anger feeling, which i described in another thread in the General Anxiety section of the forum.

Anyways, thanks for reading, I think i'll stick around here, since browsing the forums has made me feel better on a lot of occasions.

Moley
25-02-14, 13:54
Hello and :welcome:

ray52
25-02-14, 14:30
Hi and :welcome: to the forum