PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Cathy67
22-02-14, 14:45
Hi all, I'm new here, found this forum after doing a bit of googling. I am in my mid 40s and have suffered from anxiety since my early teens. Also have had depression on and off since early 20s. Havent worked for a long time because of this and the various health problems that go with it. Would love to be anxiety free and be able to work and have friends and something of a normal life! I do have a fiancé now who is wonderful and very supportive but I don't want to rely on him for everything. I have already posted a few times and this looks like it is a helpful site so I'm looking forward to reading more.

Salome
22-02-14, 22:56
Nice to meet you Cathy, I totally understand you not wanting to rely on your partner for everything, I am the same. We hope that they need us as much as we need them so it is difficult when there is an imbalance. In any case, I think we have come to the right place. :)

Cathy67
25-02-14, 00:53
Hi Salome, thank you for replying :) Yes, lets hope we can find some good help and advice here.

LunaLiuna
25-02-14, 01:09
:welcome: Both of you! I know you'll find all the help you need, this forum has been a massive help in many peoples recovery, so I'm sure it will be for you as well.

Cathy67
25-02-14, 15:31
Thank you LunaLiuna :D

Deckardblues
25-02-14, 21:59
Have you spoken to your Doctor? Its worth going down that road, since although medication is seen by some as not the way forward, i know without my Citalopram i would be in a bad place, and i have suffered depression for a long time too..