PDA

View Full Version : So happy I found this website!

Madsmom
22-02-14, 15:22
Hi,
I am Tara. I just got done reading the information on Health Anxiety and am literally crying because I feel like I have finally found answers! I could see myself in everything that it said and the explanation on why was on point.

I am 36 years and until a few months was happily living life until I got a severe sinus infection that would not go away. I had it for 3 months and was on several different antibiotics that never worked. I immediately started to worry about my health, could it be a tumor, could I have a brain infection, etc. I had my first ever full blown panic attack in November that landed me in the ER. Several tests later my heart, thyroid, blood work were all normal. CT scan which did diagnose me with PAN sinusitis, but it is cleared up now. However, since then it has been a roller coaster ride and I have felt miserable ever since. Daily I have some sort of symptoms that last for hours palpitations, neck pain, strangle feeling, shoulder and chest pain. I have been to several doctors and they all say panic/anxiety disorder and want to put me on meds. I have been in denial about panic/anxiety disorder because I feel like I am an intelligent, strong, and happy person and for me to have anxiety does not make sense to me. I mean why did I not have panic attacks when I went through my divorce 13 years ago and was a single mom living pay check to pay check, or when my mom was diagnosed with cancer??? That was stressful! I mean why NOW? I am happily married, have a wonderful daughter and a good job, my life is good. Therefore I doubt my doctors and believe they are missing something very important and we are wasting valuable time!!!

But, right now, I am starting to face the fact that I do anxiety disorder! My name is Tara and I have Health Anxiety! lol Just saying it already feels like a weight has been lifted.:yesyes: Reading this site makes me feel normal. Because I have a lot of pride and it's hard for me to admit that I have this because I feel like it somehow makes me less than I once was. That I'm now a certified "crazy" person! Reading all of your posts and information is helping me understand that is not true and that I am not alone. Thank you so much for that!

venusbluejeans
22-02-14, 15:49
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Annie0904
22-02-14, 15:55
Hi Welcome to NMP :)

Superworrier
22-02-14, 18:49
Welcome Tara . I joined last week after having breathing problems and thinking I was going to die for three weeks. my Drs did X-ray bloods breathing tests and they tell me I have health Anxiety. It is so hard to accept and I am very scared but I too felt such a sense of releave when I found No more panic. It is like coming home I guess does that make sense ?

Salome
22-02-14, 22:38
Hello Tara, so happy to find people like you who's story is like my own; daily pain, denial etc. I am glad I am not alone. :)