PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever experience a head rush sensation in the car?

anxious_thoughts
22-02-14, 16:08
Hello everyone,

Seems like everytime I'm the passenger in the car and if I'm looking down at my phone or something and the driver comes to a really sudden stop I get this weird head rush sensation upon looking up. Usually it's right at the top of my head, makes me feel slightly dizzy for a second, and almost like makes me pause like my whole world just freezes for a second. It lasts maybe 10 seconds and stops, but triggers lots of anxiety!

Anyone experience this?

Madsmom
22-02-14, 16:17
Yes, I do. Only when I am a passenger though! I don't know why, but think it is related to my anxiety symptoms. As an anxiety sufferer I think that we are so in tune to our bodies every ache or ailment that we notice things that other people may experience too, but while they tend to ignore, we tend to focus in on it. I am new at this anxiety thing though and really don't know what to do about it. All I can do is tell you that you aren't alone! Hugs to you!

HoneyLove
22-02-14, 16:25
You've been having trouble with your balance Jenn, this sounds like part of it. Your balance system is taking a bit longer to get used to your new momentum.

anxious_thoughts
22-02-14, 17:44
Yes, I do. Only when I am a passenger though! I don't know why, but think it is related to my anxiety symptoms. As an anxiety sufferer I think that we are so in tune to our bodies every ache or ailment that we notice things that other people may experience too, but while they tend to ignore, we tend to focus in on it. I am new at this anxiety thing though and really don't know what to do about it. All I can do is tell you that you aren't alone! Hugs to you!

Yeah, that's exactly like me. Only in the passenger seat, and only if I'm looking down while they come to a complete stop. I'm glad somebody knows what I mean :P
And I know exactly what you mean, it's scary though! Are you doing anything to help your anxiety?
Also, this head rush thing seemed more severe this time than any other, and I sort of still feel a bit of it every now and then when I'm just sitting down :(

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

You've been having trouble with your balance Jenn, this sounds like part of it. Your balance system is taking a bit longer to get used to your new momentum.

Hmm, I'm not too sure what you mean. I don't usually have balance problems even when I'm feeling dizzy.

HoneyLove
22-02-14, 18:14
Feeling dizzy is a balance problem!

The dizziness and vision problems you post about can all be considered balance issues.

anxious_thoughts
23-02-14, 01:39
Hmm...even if I have nothing wrong with my balance? (Knock on wood that it stays that way :))