PDA

View Full Version : melanoma scare toe ? ???

cdean0106
22-02-14, 17:56
So in December.. maybe last two weeks of December I dropped a can of chocolates on my left toes. Mainly the first three. Had my nails done later in the month and I went to take my polish off last month(January) and noticed a black spot on one of the toes. The one right next to the big toe. It hasn't gotten darker or bigger since then and a couple people at work told me it looked to be a blood bruise. But it hasn't grown out I don't think. Could it be blood?

I'm just terrified of melanoma. :(

Thanks for all the input in advanced. I'm panicking about this big time since I feel like melanoma can look like this. Lol.

bingjam
22-02-14, 18:01
It sounds like a blood blister to me beaut,

Especially as u dropped something on the toe then this appeared after.

A blood blister is very dark red/ purple

:)

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

post a picture if you like then you will be reassured x

cdean0106
22-02-14, 18:22
It is a dark purplish color..sounds like one, but I guess I'm just freaking out.
Edit: There ya go. Picture under this post. Sorry a little blurry..camera is broke on phone.

I was also concerned with the little dot just underneath the bruise. I know it's probably from the injury, I have HA when it comes to stuff like this lol

cdean0106
22-02-14, 18:25

mummyanxious
22-02-14, 18:32
That looks like a bruise to me x

cdean0106
22-02-14, 18:36
Thanks for the reply mummy!! :)

Earthmum
22-02-14, 19:08
That's a bruise I agree, trauma on toe as you have dropped something hard on it ,it will fade and disappear soon!

bingjam
22-02-14, 20:02
I agree, deffo a bruise under the nail :)

saab
22-02-14, 23:50
I reckon blood blister. Trapped my finger in a door once and got an identical one. Took weeks to go.

GlassPinata
23-02-14, 01:29
Yeah, that's what happens when you bang your toe or drop something on it.
I've had that dozens of times (fingernails and toenails).
If it was a worse bump, your whole toenail would've turned purple-black and eventually come loose and fallen off (this has happened to me several times).
Then you would grow a new one.
As it is, you probably won't lose that toenail. The discolored part will eventually just grow out. That is old blood under there.

cdean0106
23-02-14, 19:23
Thanks for the input. I did notice that when I push on it it's a lot more sore than it should be.
Definitely reassures me that it's a blood bruise or something of the sort from the can of chocolates.

Thanks all. :-)

Cags48
23-02-14, 19:29
I dropped a tin of paint on my toe and that happened to me eventually my toenail fell off but a new one grow back ..... It will be fine :)

MRS STRESS ED
23-02-14, 20:09
Its looks like a blood blister,im sure you will be fine but ,im the same any little change to my body and panic its natural for us :) x

Fishmanpa
23-02-14, 20:18
Chocolate is supposed to make you happy and feel good! That had to be one heck of a can of chocolates ;)

Positive thoughts

KLP
23-02-14, 22:32
No it's definitely NOT MELANOMA, my sister in law has it. And talking through her symptoms over the last few days, that's not one of them.