PDA

View Full Version : Can't see a way out

camilla
23-07-04, 18:02
I have been really struggling with my depression.
I have been in 3 psychiatric units none have seem 2 help.
I am about to leave the 3rd no better than wot i started.
I have been on 4 different types of anti-depressants i havent responded to any. All consultants say i'm a mistery. I feel like i am hanging over the edge about to fall. I feel like i can't cope any more.
Is there any way of getting better?
Camilla

c.harbott

sal
23-07-04, 20:54
Hi Camilla

There is always hope, but at times we lose sight of why and what it is about.

I have tried so many tablets and a lot made me worse to the point of wanting to end it. So everytime they gave me a new one to try my depression and anxiety got worse thinking they will push me over the edge.

I was lucky after about the 12th tablet i found one that has helped me but unlike i hoped it hasnt cured me. We all no with this there is no time length and will we ever be completely free, but we keep trying.

Dont lose sight however hard it is for you that there are other medicines you can try. Might not be the answer straight away but isnt anything worth a try when you feel so low and desperate.

It is hard when you dont respond to medicines because everytime you think this will be the one that helps me get my life back on track and when it doesnt it pushes you further down.

Keep trying and keep fighting, and remember that we are all here to help you whatever you need.

Love Sal xxxxxxx

seh1980
23-07-04, 20:55
Hi Camilla,
I have been suffering from panic attacks for a year now. I went through a difficult time at the beginning as well cos I was diagnosed as being epileptic and was put on medication for it. It's no surprise that I didn't respond to it. It took ages for me to get any help at all - I went to tons of doctors and had to do lots of tests before I started to finally get better. So don't worry too much - these things do take time with some people, it's not a very straightforward process at times. Hang in there - things can only get better!!
Sarah (seh1980)

andrew
24-07-04, 06:36
hi camilla, sorry to read your having such a tough time of it. try not to give up hope. you are doing the right thing reaching out looking for more support than the drugs and the doctors are providing, if you feel they are not helping enough. carry on sharing your thoughts and feelings with us and hopefully we will be able to provide you with some support, you take care ..... andrew