PDA

View Full Version : FW Skin Tag or should I worry

Sue K with 5
24-11-06, 01:11
For the last two months I have had this strange little thing under my arm, I showed a friend of mine who said it was a skin tag and i should not worry about it, so unlike the rest of my health anxieties I stuck it in with the "Dont be stupid pile"

Thing is tonight i was having a bath and I noticed it has actually got bigger, now I know its probably nothing but in the same breath I find it hard to believe that a skin tag would actually get bigger and I am wondering whether to go and see my gp.

I have had a very emotional week this week with some negatives and some positives and I am trying hard to stay focused on this one but any suggestions would be really helpful. I managed to actually get to the docs today to pick up a prescription which was THE FIRST TIME i have been in months. not sure how i will cope with sitting there but i dont really think i should leave this.

sue

scknight

Lynnann
24-11-06, 01:20
Hi Sue,

I have had a few skin tags, they do grow biggar or it could be the start of a mole, either can be easily removed if it is bothering you. If it is worrying you then see your GP otherwise just keep a eye on it.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

heidi
24-11-06, 02:45
Hi Sue

I have had skin tags before & had them removed. They are nothing to worry about. They do grow bigger but still nothing to worry about.
The way they removed mine was with a pair of (what looked like fingernail clippers)
no pain at all to it & no bleeding at all. So don't be to worried about them.
My husband has some that has been on him forever & no problemes at all. So please don't worry yourself about it. If you don't like the looks of them just have your doctor clip them off. Thats all there is too it.

heidi (judi)

piglits pal
24-11-06, 08:22
I've got loads of skin tags, including one under my arm that has got bigger because my bra rubs against it. As long as it's not itching, bleeding, weeping, or anything like that it's fine. But see your doctor if it worries you - they're easily removed.

reddevil
24-11-06, 09:07
Hi,

I went the doctors with skin tage, nothing to worry about!

Red

ksmith
24-11-06, 10:45
Sue

Sorry to have to tell you this but its your age old girl!!! Skin tags occur more commonly in women than men, particularly women who are heading towards middle age (lol). I've had a few and had them removed by GP with liquid nitrogen as they made me feel old and depressed.

However, there is a theory, according to a woman I work with, that skin tags are part and paracel of Metabolic Syndrome X www.syndromex.assoc.org which means they could be caused by diet.

Don't worry about it and just have it frozen off if you can manage a trip to the GP. Keep focussed!!

Kay x x

Stu M
24-11-06, 12:33
Hi Sue,

I have had many skin tags over the years, all under my arms and various sizes. I saw my doctor about them and was told that they were perfectly normal, but in my area the NHS wouldnt pay to have them removed. By the way if they are not bothering you, they will not harm you, so you dont NEED to remove them!!

Anyway I went home and trawled the web and found this neat trick that worked for me, get some dental floss, make a loop, then put it around your skin tag at the base, pull it really tight (this will hurt for a second), then tie it off. Leave for a couple of days and the end shrivels up and will fall off, if you cant wait that long just snip it off with sharp scissors once its shrivelled up.

Hope that helps, but really dont worry, everyone I know over a certain age has them :D

angie3077
24-11-06, 14:49
Hi Sue, Hey well done you for getting to the doctors as it sounds like its something you don't like to do?
Just sounds like a skin tag to me too - however if you think you could manage sitting in the doctors again then its worth getting it looked at just for your peace of mind if nothing else, these little things can play havoc with our minds and if it is going to create hours/days/weeks more anxiety for you....whats 5 mins with your GP?

Angie x

clickaway
24-11-06, 16:55
Hey, if you can go to the doctors once, you can go again and get reassurance hun.

It may well be just the first sign of a mid-life crisis (just kidding) - no, but they do pop up as you make your journey in life. I have a wart on my thigh which I am always looking at, which I know must be harmless.

Hugs,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

pips
25-11-06, 11:23
Hi Sue,

I to had a skin tag which got bigger. I had it burnt of at the Dr's only took 5 minutes and I didn't feel a thing.

Check it out if your worried hun.

Take care,

Love Pip's X X

Pippa.

kate
25-11-06, 11:59
I've had them as well!

All of them got bigger and then just went of their own accord.

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

manmoor
25-11-06, 12:40
Hi Sue,

I've had one removed with laser in my armpit as I was worried about it the doctor sent it for tests and it was ok. Mine grew bigger and I was climbing the walls with worry so know how you feel. I bet it's nothing hun just old age hehe.

Take Care

Mandyxx

ams
30-07-08, 13:39
I've got a skin tag in my armpit that's always been there. It's grown a little bigger recently, not a ton, but enough that it's been more irritated as of late when I'm putting on deoderant or that sort of thing. I looked at it this morning, and its color, which was always kind of a fleshy, maroonish color is now a good bit darker, more of a brown. This kind of freaks me out.

Does this change in color perhaps mean it's going to fall off? I could always just get rid of it via the floss or fingernail clippers methods, but I worry that in the slight chance it's not a skin tag (though, I know, I know, moles don't hang like that) and I'd be doing something stupid. I also know that skin tags cannot become cancerous, but this change in color has me worried. Has anyone else experience this? If so, what happened?

milly jones
30-07-08, 15:28
hi hun

i get these too, nothing to worry about.

in fact i found one before on my sons arm, told him the same

take care

milly xx

ams
30-07-08, 16:15
Milly,

Have you experienced growth and color change in your tags?

A

ams
30-07-08, 21:22
Hmmm...this thing is certainly darker, almost black. That might mean that, in checking it out a few days ago, I twisted it until the blood supply was cut off. I guess I'll wait to see if it falls off now, and, if not, make an appt. The weird thing is, only half of the tag seems to be dark, the rest is a lighter color. That seems a little foreboding, but we'll see, I guess.

ams
05-08-08, 22:16
Well, here's one less thing to worry about. The Dr. looked at it, said it looked as though I had cut off its blood supply, and removed it.

One down, only a few more (hopefully) to go!

Doug10562
06-08-08, 16:22
I have tons of them :) I plan to have them removed one of these days
but only because I find them to be ugly LOL My Dad has them so I think its either Genetic or from being over weight.

milly jones
06-08-08, 16:44
mine sometimes get longer hunny.

but havent noticed a colour change

please try not to worry

xxx

Adam Thompson
06-08-08, 19:18
ive got one on my back, had it all my life. i guess it doesnt bother me coz i dont ever see it lol, altho its quite big.

you can get it removed easy enough, may be better to do that just to stop the worry

janeswift
17-01-17, 16:23
i used to have skin tags when i was a kid too. My dad took me to a lab (idk if it was actually a lab or whatever) to solve them by laser. I was very scared. I would say the burning skin smelt like BBQ :weep: my terrible memory :weep:
Btw then i checked the internet for skin tags solutions and im wondering why aloe vera can heal that many skin problems). You should try it. Good luck :')

Catherine S
17-01-17, 16:33
Jane, this thread was started in 2006 and last comment on it was 2008, so you may not get any reaction from the members on it, as most of them are no longer on the forum. Alot of new members unwittingly revive old threads without checking dates so don't worry you're not alone :)

ISB