PDA

View Full Version : New to anxiety and needing support!

Needingrelief
23-02-14, 20:43
Hello everyone, I am in my late 40's and for the last 8 months I have been having palpitations, nausea, heartburn very bad, chest pains and lightheaded everyday. I have been to the doctors so many times and ER the medical bills are pilling up. The doctors have all said its just anxiety. I am trying to understand this seems like its out of the blue. I am so glad I found this site. I feel like I have hope after reading the articles and some posts. I am very scared and hope to find relief. Thanks everyone in advance

Spondoolicks
23-02-14, 22:48
Hi and welcome. I'm also in my 40's and suffering from anxiety. I too have all the symptoms you are going through. Just lately I feel like I'm going crazy with all the symptoms I am going through. Take a look at the symptoms page there's a lot of good information there. Mine also seem to have come out of the blue. There are a lot of lovely people on here that will give you no end of advice and support. Some are ex sufferers you can and will come out the other side.Good sources of knowledge are Dr. Clare Weeks books which you can get on amazon through a link on here and nothing works www.nothingworks.weebly.com which is a very informative piece written by one of the forums members. Both these sources have helped me. There is also a free cbt course available through nomorepanic. Good luck in all that you do and wishing you a good recovery

Needingrelief
24-02-14, 01:19
thank you for the information. I have been reading a lot. It is a lot and great info. Where can the cbt course be found? I cannot deal with this lump in my throat and being lightheaded all day every day. It is hard to function but everyday life goes on. I just want to crawl under a blanket and stay.