PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in very demanding job on 40mg fluoxetine

CleoD
23-02-14, 21:26
hi there
anyone in a high powered job but struggling with anxiety/ depression.

I have had anxiety for about a year but got worse again late last year.... due to relationships issues (partner was unfaithful) Now i feel that work is a real struggle. Before this my private life got me through - because my private life is now not going great just feel really low and anxious.......... doc increased my dose of fluoxetine to 40mg - interested to hear from anyone who has big career but suffers with anxiety/ depression and has young family.
please let me know I'm not alone.
Tks xo

MrAndy
24-02-14, 08:58
hi there
anyone in a high powered job but struggling with anxiety/ depression.

I have had anxiety for about a year but got worse again late last year.... due to relationships issues (partner was unfaithful) Now i feel that work is a real struggle. Before this my private life got me through - because my private life is now not going great just feel really low and anxious.......... doc increased my dose of fluoxetine to 40mg - interested to hear from anyone who has big career but suffers with anxiety/ depression and has young family.
please let me know I'm not alone.
Tks xo
Hi Cleo
I have a young child and had to step down from a sales manager position with a large international last year.My rational was I can always go back to it when im better and your health comes 1st.It wasnt an easy decision but it was the right one to take in hindsight.I still struggle every day with anxiety and depression but it is getting easier with counselling and meds.

CleoD
24-02-14, 14:29
Hi there,

Tks for the reply

Do you mind me asking - did you leave the company altogether or did you take a more junior role? what meds are you on?

For me the mornings are the worst... here I am in bed at 20 past 2.. could not face going in this morning just totally anxious..

sometimes I think it would be easier if I just gave up work... at least there isnt much pressure in loading the dishwasher or putting on a washing...

any tips ?
cleo

MrAndy
24-02-14, 14:44
Hi there,

Tks for the reply

Do you mind me asking - did you leave the company altogether or did you take a more junior role? what meds are you on?

For me the mornings are the worst... here I am in bed at 20 past 2.. could not face going in this morning just totally anxious..

sometimes I think it would be easier if I just gave up work... at least there isnt much pressure in loading the dishwasher or putting on a washing...

any tips ?
cleo
i stayed where i am but went back to a normal sales role,there is still pressure but as i get better i can handle it.I take 50mg sert and 5mg olanzapine,i was very very ill a year ago.The best way to get back into work is by reducing your hours and building them back up slowly,this will help with your confidence
hth good luck :)