PDA

View Full Version : mixed messages

caroline-j
23-02-14, 22:01
while my Doctor was away, i was prescribed by his locam, a new tablet..

he prescribe me Fluoxetine 20mg, but told me i had to wean off my current Tablet, Mirtazapine 15mg, whilst starting the new tablet.

i saw my own doctor a few days after and he said i could stop taking the Mirtazapine straight away.

id like to know if anyone has just stopped taking Mirtazapine and started a new tablet or did you wean off first as the locam advised ?

Mark13
24-02-14, 22:43
I've gone from 15mg to other drugs several times (and back again to mirt).

When stopping mirt my GP always told me to just stop taking it, wait a day, then start the new drug.

I must stress that's only my experience, and that I made the transfer every time with no problems.

I think it would be different if you were on a higher dosage, in that it would be wise to reduce the amount first.

It depends who you trust most, your GP or the locum. I'd presume your GP would have more experience of you and your medical history.

caroline-j
25-02-14, 11:04
Hi Mark13, Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. Im going to start taking fluoxetine as from tomorrow. Have not had Mirtazapine for two nights now so hopefully I should be ok. Hoping this med will work for me as my Brother swears by it and after all we are both from the same mould. Hope your well and thanks again x

nomorepanic
25-02-14, 11:46
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

caroline-j
25-02-14, 18:05
ok no worries Nicola x