PDA

View Full Version : cant believe this

tracieann
23-02-14, 22:35
Just listened to an audio book by a Dt r Claire Weekes wow this lady is amazing I've bought all kinds of self help stuff to no avail but this Self help for your nerves is great it's like she Gets it wish I'd come across this before

anthrokid
23-02-14, 22:56
Claire Weekes is fantastic! Pleased to hear that something is working for you :) Keep up the good work

KLP
23-02-14, 22:57
Didn't know there was an audio version brought the book and arrived yesterday, hooked already. She's fib fab.

HoneyLove
23-02-14, 23:01
I loved that book too, it helped me through a really difficult patch :)

Spondoolicks
23-02-14, 23:04
It's my bible. Even when I'm panicking I'm reading it for reassurance. Going over her advice. I panic if I can't find it, so it lives beside my bed. I have all her works and one on audio.

Round in circles
23-02-14, 23:30
I've never heard of her. Pity there's no kindle version to try the free sample. I'll have to try the library.

LF87
23-02-14, 23:40
Glad to hear you've found something that helps!
Can I ask, does it cover health anxiety or just anxiety in general? I'm looking for some helpful literature too.x

Spondoolicks
23-02-14, 23:45
Her works are over 30 years old I believe but they are still so relevant. There are a lot of her direction that are carried forward to cbt today. Think there is help for all anxiety sufferers. Not sue for HA though even though there are references towards it.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

You can buy her books through the amazon link on here. There not expensive and worth their weight in gold.

mummyanxious
24-02-14, 00:22
I've got three of her books and always reread them when I am going through a bad patch.