PDA

View Full Version : Should have joined this along time ago!

HLC08
24-02-14, 10:01
Hi there everyone :)

So I have been suffering with Generalized anxiety disorder and Panic Attacks for about 7 years now! I have no idea why they started but once I had my first attack, I couldnt stop thinking about it, and the rest is history. I now have feelings of lightheadedness, headaches, bad tension in my neck, visual snow almost every day, especially whilst I am at work. My relationship sometimes suffers too due to my low moods, and agitated behaviour.

However I do not let it stop me from going to work every day, or going out with my friends or going on holiday. I will not be defeated but am feeling pretty defeated at the moment. I also suffer with migraines whcih only started when my anxiety started and so this brings about all sorts of anxiety - I wonder if anyone else has started this?

I went to my GP and have been referred to the time to talk group, and will be starting 1:1 CBT in April, so I will keep you updated on this.

Just looking to chat to like minded people about the horror and constant battle that is anxiety!! xx

Annie0904
24-02-14, 10:29
Hi welcome to NMP :)

Mark13
24-02-14, 16:19
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.