PDA

View Full Version : Rough night horrible morning

scrumking
24-02-14, 14:50
So as my previous post mentioned I had to sleep without my cpap machine because a snow storm knocked out our power. It was a very hard night it this morning is worse.

Intense panic and worry about my heart and what damage was done to it without my cpap I feel like my heart is going to stop any minute. I feel like I'm struggling to breathe. I have been vomitting this morning a clear white frothy vomit. I don't know what to do right now

HoneyLove
24-02-14, 15:03
Hi scrumking - are you sure you understand the use of the CPAP properly? It's to help you breathe better in your sleep, it doesn't have anything to do with your heart running properly.

People with bad sleep apnoea who have been suffering for years and years with no help are at a higher risk for heart disease - one night without your CPAP is not going to affect you like this.

Maybe you should talk to your doctor to see what you should do in case a power cut happens again. There are lots of tips that you can use to less the effect of the apnoea at night.

phonoodle
24-02-14, 20:19
you are having a very very bad panic attack. ive been there. honestly to me you just have to live it through. it sucks really bad but im being honest. i pray for you:bighug1:

Fishmanpa
24-02-14, 20:23
I agree that you're in a bad place at the moment. You slept through the night and nothing happened before you had the machine. You can sleep through the night without it. It's just an aid to help you sleep better and uninterrupted.

Positive thoughts