PDA

View Full Version : two days anxiety free..then all back today

gregcool
24-02-14, 17:36
Hi all..after spending 10 years with anxiety and depression.for some unknow reason sat and sun i felr relaxed and anxiety free..why..nothing has changed..then today woke up and bang all back again.hows that poss as i say my life had not changed over the weekend so dnt understand it..any advice

Phuzella
24-02-14, 17:43
You had 2 good days, focus on them. Everyone has up and down days, even non anxious people. :)

Annie0904
24-02-14, 17:55
I agree with Phuzella and I am pleased you have had some good days, see them as positives and I hope it is the start of many more :)

gregcool
24-02-14, 18:13
Yes i supose you are .its just painfull when out of the blue for no reason i had two good days..then the dark clouds come back out of the blue.i want to feel like that again .it felt like the old me...just for a couple of days

Annie0904
24-02-14, 18:28
That is how my recovery started Greg, I would get a couple of good days then I felt back to square one again, the dark cloud was back. I just tried to tell myself that I had some good ones so will get some more. You just have to take each day at a time. Some will be better than others but focus on the good ones you had and not that you are having a bad one today. The good ones will become more frequent.

gregcool
24-02-14, 18:59
Thanks annie.good advice as allways..ill try to focus on the good days..funny tho..you kind of plod through the bad days and eventually they just become the norm way of living.so then when you have a couple of uplifted days .it makes it hard to except the bad days again as you are given time off the crap and feel good.

Annie0904
24-02-14, 19:18
I had one really good day and couldn't work out what it was, it seemed such a strange feeling, something I totally was not used to :)

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Maybe that is why we only get a few at a time to get us used to feeling good again :)

gregcool
24-02-14, 19:57
Yes very strange annie after spending so long feeling low and depressed.to all of a suden wake up feeling happy ..light..and relaxed...such a nice feeling to have..esp out of the blue...as i said makes it hard to back to the dark days.

Annie0904
24-02-14, 20:07
At least now you know you can get good days so be positive and look forward to the next one :)

gregcool
24-02-14, 20:39
True annie.i must say.i xant wait for the next one...fingers crossed it will come soon

Tessar
01-03-14, 22:05
Hey Greg, your thread title kinda says it all really. I think that the way life is, sometimes we just do have good and bad days. On a good day, we can cope with so much more than on bad days. In the end, your best bet is to do whatever u can to go with the flow.
Good days are if course just wonderful. A real break from the stresses and strains. When u have a good day, breath it in like lovely warm sunshine, feel the good vibes and feelings in your body and mind.
The bad days? Well, what I have learned from my experiences of bad times is that no matter what is thrown at me and no matter how bad I feel, perhaps how hard done by it makes me feel.... I can make a decision to do what i can to improve my situation, to remind myself it is worth making the effort even if it feels beyond me.
Like when I feel I just want to give up ..... I can still make choices. I can choose to make small changes "that might help". Sometimes they do. so,etimes they dont.
it can be Really simple things. Play a bit of uplifting music. Go for a walk. Even if I don't want to do anything to help myself, even if I really can't be bothered, can't see the point ..... It IS with trying.
I know that if I am isolated by my feelings .... Feeling resentful about life, not liking the world, certain people in it, that I feel powerless to change any of this crap......... Well, it's up to me in the end. I could make the effort. I can make the effort. So I suppose that's why I do.
When I hit absolute rock bottom, I had to break things down into the most basic form, I was encouraged to recognise positive things I did each day. It might just be saying thank you and being pleasant with someone who served me in a shop.
Or maybe I held a door open for someone, or if I happened across a little old lady who seemed to need a smile to cheer her day.... Stuff like that.
One of our neighbours is quite elderly & frail. I've made a real pint of always stopping to talk to her because she doesn't get to see that many people. She said I am one of the few people who asks how she is. That meant alot to me.cat Xmas I gave her a small box of choccies to cheer her up. I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. Well, her face was a picture, I thought she was going to cry, I managed to put my hand on hers & wish her happy Xmas. It was really hard for me to do tht as I am sometimes not very good with these things. But it just shows u why it's worth bothering. Simple things can make such a huge difference to people
back when i was in my pit of despair, i did wonder how life had become so heavy in my mind that I was needing to appreciate all these little things. But that is where I started in dragging myself out of a great big horrible hole. I really don't ever want to be there again so that's why I still always try to be positive & cheerful. To do those little things each day whether its a good or a bad one for me.
And finally, Greg, don't ever forget why it's always worth putting in the effort because you are worth it too. And somewhere along the line, by helping yourself you might just give someone else's day that little lift it needs too.
All the best.

NE21 worrier
01-03-14, 22:28
If you have had a successful day today you may be pleased, but worried if you are ill again tomorrow. Look, recovery doesn't work with one day being better than the next, there still may be many more difficult days to be lived through before you finally recover. - from Good Morning, Good Evening

Good days and bad days, Greg, as recognised by the wonderful Dr Claire Weekes, mentioned in a recent posting on this Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/DrCWeekes?ref=ts&fref=ts).

Recovery is not a linear process, there will be bumps along the way. It's how you react to them that matters - or, more to the point, don't react to them - instead just accepting them for what they are.

Take care,
Peter :)