PDA

View Full Version : aching joints

Dexterjames
24-02-14, 19:23
I have all ways had some aching joints but just recent all my joints seem to be aching i did have shoulder x-rays they came back normal and i have had blood test for rheumatoid arthritis all so normal.

It seems in the last 2-3 weeks since i have not been active as much this has started to creep in i did think it was the A/D i was on so stopped that 5 days ago i will be mentioning my new symptoms to my GP tomorrow.

Just wondered any 1 get aching joints and for how long.

anthrokid
25-02-14, 03:26
Great to hear that you've been proactive and have had a couple of xrays and a blood test for arthritis. If those have come back normal, it's quite possible that it could just be silly old anxiety up to its nasty tricks again. A lot of anxiety sufferers deal with aching joints/muscles. Sometimes it can simply be because anxiety causes people to become tense very often, which puts strain on the muscles and joints, resulting in pain and fatigue. This can last as long as anxiety does, unfortunately. Some sufferers will report muscle and joint aches for extended lengths of time, from months to years. You may find that getting a little more movement into your day will help stretch out your limbs and relieve some of the pressure/stiffness that may be causing some of your pain. Even a small walk (10-20 minutes) can help loosen your joints up. Hopefully your doctor will be able to shed a bit more light for you and give you some further advice on alleviating some of the pain.

Dexterjames
25-02-14, 11:46
Great to hear that you've been proactive and have had a couple of xrays and a blood test for arthritis. If those have come back normal, it's quite possible that it could just be silly old anxiety up to its nasty tricks again. A lot of anxiety sufferers deal with aching joints/muscles. Sometimes it can simply be because anxiety causes people to become tense very often, which puts strain on the muscles and joints, resulting in pain and fatigue. This can last as long as anxiety does, unfortunately. Some sufferers will report muscle and joint aches for extended lengths of time, from months to years. You may find that getting a little more movement into your day will help stretch out your limbs and relieve some of the pressure/stiffness that may be causing some of your pain. Even a small walk (10-20 minutes) can help loosen your joints up. Hopefully your doctor will be able to shed a bit more light for you and give you some further advice on alleviating some of the pain.

I better start moving a bit more before my body goes to sleep,I mentioned it to GP she had no concern.