PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out about seeing the GP tomorrow

Jonesle
24-02-14, 21:01
Hi everyone, thanks to those people who have replied previously.
Well i didnt believe the doctor last week when he said my mole was fine (typical of health anxiety i know) but also found other ones on my back what i couldnt see before which also look dodgy, plus one that i remember itching and picking off before (ages ago, thought it was just a spot because i couldnt see and i also didnt have HA then)
just looking for some words of reassurance. im almost 100% positive that they are going to spot one which they agree looks weird and have it biopsied or something. im not sure il be able to cope with the anxiety of waiting for those appointments/results to come through. im spiralling and keep breaking down in tears :(

Round in circles
24-02-14, 21:18
Hopefully the doc appointment will confirm your doc's original assessment and put your mind at rest.

Best wishes.

Dexterjames
24-02-14, 21:21
I freak out about seeing my doctor every time i feel awful and all most freeze up when i get there.

Jonesle
24-02-14, 21:24
i hope it puts my mind at rest too. i need to seriously look into getting over this anxiety should my doctor laugh me out of her office when i insist im dying! I wish id made the last doctor give me a thorough examination last time. GAH i hate these stupid thoughts :(

Round in circles
24-02-14, 22:00
Insisting your dying at the doctor's appointment may not be the best thing to do :) Talking over your health anxiety with the doc could be good though. It might help just to voice these worries out loud. It sounds like it's going round and round in your head and driving you nuts.

Jonesle
24-02-14, 23:26
Ha ok I will hold off insistence that I'm dying. Hope this all gets sorted. Anxious it won't be. Anxious it will be fine and I still won't be ok. Anxious about being anxious! What am I like?! Thanks for your replies by the way :)

Round in circles
25-02-14, 00:35
You're fine :) just make sure you bring up important questions you have for the doc tomorrow so you don't end up kicking yourself for not mentioning something afterwards. My brain just goes blank in stressful situations.