PDA

View Full Version : What is this

mgw
24-02-14, 21:41
Hi really need some advice / reassurance please :(!

Im really struggling to believe what's wrong with me is anxiety..

I have a constant feeling of unease an I don't know why.. It's like I'm panicking about something but don't have any idea what it is. The best way I can describe it is something just feels wrong. Iv tried so many times to work out what it is that's wrong but I just can't find anything! I feel as if I'm going mad as if my mind is being altered an I can't think straight or anything. There isn't anything that really triggers this, the only thing I could say is when I'm sitting in silence an just have my thoughts to pay attention to, which is when I notice nothing feels right. Iv noticed sometimes when I feel okay and normal I suddenly question why do I an this whole spiral thinking I'm going crazy happens again.. It leads to panic attacks when I let it get too far and other times it just leads to me wanting to escape my body an get away from this horrible feeling to make it stop. I just feel that I'm not 'normal' an never will be. I find myself questioning how other people can do simple things without this dread inside them and then I have very strange feelings about everything, life itself basically, it just doesn't seem right! I just want to feel like me :( it really is getting me so down.

Sorry for this rant, an I'm sorry as I'm guessing it's coming across very confusing as I can't really explain it myself!

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

I also really didn't mean to use the wink emotion for this!

ankietyjoe
24-02-14, 21:57
Very normal for anxiety in my experience.

The best (I said best, not easiest!) thing to do is just let it happen and get on with whatever you are doing instead.

KLP
24-02-14, 21:59
You must read claire weekes - self help for your nerves. What you are describe, she explains with a clear understanding of what your experiencing and why.

mgw
25-02-14, 00:04
Thankyou both so much for your replies. I have just ordered this off eBay- haven't tried any books before so will give this ago!
Do you think it can be normal to feel like this nearly all the time?

WhyWhyWhy
25-02-14, 11:52
This is me.

I started to wonder if it was instinct and something is wrong, maybe there's something terribly wrong and in covering it up by saying I have anxiety. My 'what if' thinking is out of control I'm sure it's just anxiety. It dies the strangest things to people xx

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

So... In my last post my autocorrect changed does to dies.... I saw that and my heart went BOOM BOOM BOOM- I took it as 'a sign'

Rationally I know this has to be anxiety. Being anxious and irrational there's still that little part of me that says 'yep, definitely a sign'

ankietyjoe
25-02-14, 14:55
Do you think it can be normal to feel like this nearly all the time?

Most definitely