PDA

View Full Version : sick family scared of getting it!

Bexx1
24-02-14, 23:10
Hi all
my sis and my dad are both ill with a stomach bug and my sis keeps throwing up. I am terrified as I HATE being sick with a passion have done ever since I was a child because I fear I wont be able to breath and I will die or that I will choke and die. I am really terrified of getting it and just now my dad breathed right in my face and so im double scared now. What can I do to overcome this fear?

Jonesle
24-02-14, 23:31
You won't die from being sick, your dad and sister have been and are being sick and not dying from it. I know it's easy for me to say but it's likely your going to be sick in your lifetime, it's a totally normal and natural bodily process when your ill. It and you will know what to do. Just like you know how to breath and sleep and swallow :) xxx

Leslie735
25-02-14, 13:54
Just remember you cannot catch it from your Dad just by his breathing on you. The stomach virus has be to caught by ingesting it. Meaning if he got sick right next to you and you swallowed the air particles (which settled very quickly) or you used the bathroom he and your sister did before it being cleaned and you touching your mouth before washing your hands you might be in the clear. Hang in there, it will be ok!