PDA

View Full Version : Dark blue tinge in toe nails?

anxious_thoughts
25-02-14, 00:28
Hey everyone, in the last few months I've noticed my toenails have a dark blue tinge to them. It's funny though, I usually notice it in the evening and it goes away after I shower, and they usually look normal in the mornings.

Could it be my shoes or cold feet? I wear slippers at home and my shoes don't seem tight or anything. Anyone else get this?

LunaLiuna
25-02-14, 00:33
Sounds just like cold feet, I went through a period of anxiety around my nails. I think the only things you should watch out for are vertical dark lines, or black/dark beds under your nails. Nails take time to change so if there was anything wrong you'd know about it before your nails had the time to change. Also if there are white line it's usually a vitamin deficiency :)

anxious_thoughts
25-02-14, 00:38
Thanks for replying. :)
I drive myself crazy obsessing over my nails, glad someone understands haha.
I don't have any lines from what you mentioned above. It probably is just cold feet as I never noticed it during the summer. They freak me out though because it looks kind of scary! Lol, can the cold really do that?

LunaLiuna
25-02-14, 00:42
Of course the cold can, doesn't it happen to your hands and face if they get cold too? you may also have poor circulation around there so I'm sure a massage may help, even if it doesn't it'll warm them up :)

anxious_thoughts
25-02-14, 01:18
Hmm...I've never noticed it in my hands or face ever :P

RoseEve
25-02-14, 01:37
My feet turn blue sometimes I notice it in the shower. It's normal. The extremities(hands and feet) get colder faster. Normal :)

Althea
25-02-14, 04:04
Hmm...I've never noticed it in my hands or face ever :P

I have major cold feet, and my hands and face almost never bother me unless I'm out in the cold with no gloves or something. I think that sometimes it's just colder down by the floor! Also we're using our fingers a lot, which probably keeps our hands a little warmer.

I've had this for decades and it's never done me any harm. I go through a lot of socks, though :).