PDA

View Full Version : Please help..panic attacks

Marie36
25-02-14, 07:28
Hi..relatively new to this site but really need some advice...always been a worrier and experienced stress regarding my health for years but had my first 'panic attack' a few weeks ago...came out of no where..had been having palpatations but they came one after the other, I could feel my heart pounding through my chest and yo me it felt like I was missing beats...I panicked and went straight to A & E..ecg, bloods and chest xray all normal just pulse too fast..took 5 mg diazepam and felt better..gp next day prescribed as and when propanalol... week or so later happened again..one trigger seems food to the palps and then I panic..gp did ecg, bp, listened to chest..all fine..changed propranolol to every day and was working great...few palps but seems to get my head around it. Last night had dinner, few palps and then pounding chest, missed beats etc..was on the phone so tried not to panic too much..tool a propranolol and it lasted about an hour in total...
This morning I feel so low..is this my life now? I am now panicking about tonight and it happenibg again..I guess I am also pretty sure I have a cardiac problem and that this is not anxiety! Been getting heartburn and some random cgest and back pain...advice much needed? How many times do I see the gp? Shes great but I feel embarrassed being there but I guess if I am honest I want her to test me for everything!!

KLP
25-02-14, 08:16
Firstly you know the triggers and that's a first step. PA and anxiety can't harm you. Even though you think they will. What your experiencing is anxiety.