PDA

View Full Version : Right sided rib / back pain and 'letting it float away'

claireypoo
25-02-14, 10:57
Right sided rib pain/discomfort & burping.

Anyone else get this a lot, if so what do you do to relieve the symptoms? I've had scans, bloods, and an xray - all clear, my GP thinks "stress" possibly acid indigestion (I do burp a lot when I have it) or muscular - but I can't tell which it is. I do hold my side a lot. Yesterday it seems to spasm in right shoulder blade too. I've had it for months now and trying to let it go, but it would be easier to let go if I could ease it off. I suppose I am still worried about it. :(

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Any tips?

Jamesg33
25-02-14, 12:56
I get alot of pain around the same area, nearly 99.9% of the time brought on by wind! Which in-turn makes me anxious which causes more symptoms, so you're probably suffering the same as I do :P

Freaked
25-02-14, 14:29
Sounds like wind. It can give pains in the shoulder that mimic cardiac pain.

claireypoo
25-02-14, 15:11
My therapist just mentioned that this could be my pancreas. I was doing okay before, but now I am freaking out. I drank too much wine on Saturday and the pain is boring into my shoulder not all the time, but more than not. Worse when I lean back. I am so worried now. Feel a bit sick too. I get pain when I drink too much now on my right side, but this pain is different. Like a gnawing into my shoulder muscle. :( I feel okay apart from that... Very very scared. Please help?

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Obviously I am thinking 'C'

flossy74
25-02-14, 16:40
Hi Claire
This was my fear too which started my anxiety, but to reassure you your pancreas is most definitely on the left side. It's probably wind, which is what my Dr said. :)Take care.
Xx

claireypoo
25-02-14, 17:40
I spoke to my doctor, she said it is unlikely pancreatitis as that is pretty severe, and likely to be gastritis instead. She has prescribed me some ranitidine which I have taken despite my fear of illness, now I feel a lot less pain in my back and shoulders, but churny in the lower tummy. And a bit 'weird'. Anyone else rake ranitidine? It can't be that scary, right? It's sold in Tesco.!?

pepperutchie
26-02-14, 04:48
Hi i have this too for 2 weeks now pain ful on my right side and back too,it seems to be tgere everyday from waking up and before going to bed,i talked to my gp and have it feel but ge said muscular but really im panicking bout it it really is very hard to work with this kind of discomfort

claireypoo
26-02-14, 07:22
Thanks for your replies, feel a bit better this morning x