PDA

View Full Version : Hair colour 24 hrs later

rachelhall
25-02-14, 10:54
Hi everyone , I've been colouring my hair for the past 15 years , bright red , pink , purple so I decided to go natural brown and heavily hi lighted this was 24 hrs ago , stupid me found lots of ppd allergic reactions on Google and saw it happened from 24 hrs up to 2 weeks for the reaction to happen so I'm sat here thinking I'm itching and tingling . I had foils and had a lot of root regrowth so the colourist said it wouldn't be on my scalp . But I'm still thinking I'm going to swell up and end up in hospital :whistles::wacko:

Dexterjames
25-02-14, 11:08
I had my hair colored a few years back and that itched like hell for 2 days and i got a burning feeling as well it disappeared after 2 days when i washed it a few times.

rachelhall
25-02-14, 11:17
I don't think I'm itching I think I'm making myself think I'm itching , it's defiantly not constant and no burning , so many people have it done daily makes you feel silly ehh :doh:

Dexterjames
25-02-14, 11:26
Yes just reading your post is making me itch :)

venusbluejeans
25-02-14, 11:54
Hi everyone , I've been colouring my hair for the past 15 years ,

There is your answer, after all that time you would more than likely had a reaction if you were going to

Rennie1989
25-02-14, 11:56
If you've been colouring your hair for fifteen years and have not experienced an allergic reaction then I highly doubt you will now. People who tend to get allergic reactions to hair dye are ones who are doing it the first time.

rachelhall
25-02-14, 12:46
Thank you for your replies they have helped calm me a bit :D

anthrokid
25-02-14, 22:20
Funny, because as Dexter said, just reading this post is making me itch. ALbeit not on my head but my legs, haha. That's the body for you.

Havefaithx
26-02-14, 17:13
I had this fear, although you wont get a ppd reaction from bleach, you can from darker colours but the research i did i few years the bad (dangerous reactions) happen straight away the less serious reactions normally happen anything up to 24 hours later, i wouldn't worry hun, you r in the clear now, don't google, they only tend to put the scary stories on there and if they put the percentage of people that it's happened to i'm sure it's low, how i see it is think of everyone you no that has dyed there hair have they ever had a serious reaction? x