PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal aortic aneurysm or stomach bug?

Freaked
25-02-14, 14:47
I've had AAA fears before (turned out be a kidney infection) and now they're back. My stomach started feeling sort of puffed up and sore to move around yesterday, so I looked it up again and found this thing called Takayasu's Arteritis that mostly affects young women (though it's rare anyway) and can cause AAAs. Well I've also had weird vision stuff ('sounds vascular' said the doc) and soreness and dizziness lately, and low fevers fairly often, which are also symptoms of it.

I distracted myself talking to a friend last night and the feeling went away, but I woke up today very nauseous and quickly started getting a dull stomach pain that seemed to be hurting in my sides too. Now my mind is worrying that this condition has been the cause of all my health problems the past year and I might have an AAA that's about to burst. I always worry about these sudden, catastrophic things and I'm really scared.

KLP
25-02-14, 17:06
AAA occurs mainly in elderly people. Describe your vision issue? Nausea is something I get most days at some point .