PDA

View Full Version : liver scan, feeling down

mgw
25-02-14, 18:57
I am feeling so down, I can't keep going through all of this any more :(.

I spend every day worrying about dying, feeling spaced out, dp/dr etc.. I'm missing out on social life, damaging my relationship, in my last year of university and can't even study or go in anymore without having a panic attack and having to leave..

An now I've been told by the doctor my white blood cell count has been getting higher for the last few months and is now 16.8, my liver/spleen felt strange, so am being reffered to the hospital for a scan..

I dunno how to deal with all of this with all my health anxiety and everything, waiting for the scan.. actually having the scan..

I'm just so down :(

Sorry for this rant

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Has anyone had a liver scan before? Does anyone know what the waiting times like? How long it will be before I know my appointment etc? :(

nomorepanic
25-02-14, 19:19
I had a liver scan but the waiting times vary so much so can't help with that one.

mgw
25-02-14, 20:33
Thanks for your reply! I just hope I find out about it soon!

sarahsarah
26-02-14, 22:17
I've had a liver scan. Mine was just as a precaution as my liver function test results were high. I got the letter roughly six weeks after my GP said he was going to refer me and the scan itself was a couple of weeks later. I suppose it depends on why you're having the scan, so this might not be of much help to you.

The scan was completely painless, I didn't have to undress or anything and it took about 5 minutes.