PDA

View Full Version : What was your "lightbulb moment"

scrumking
25-02-14, 17:11
So as many of you know I have conquered all my fears except my heart fears specifically heart attack but more so sudden cardiac death.

My many other fears seem to have just vanished into thin air occasionally trying to bug me but for the most part just gone!

My question to the people who have beaten this awful disease is what was the moment you stopped worrying and what happened during your "lightbulb moment" thoughts, emotions, etc.

And on a side note any ideas or suggestions why the heart is such a big hurdle for me?

Dexterjames
25-02-14, 17:17
I have not got no where over my problem but at a glance at your post i would say your heart is a big hurdle for you because that's where it all started?
So that's your biggest challenge and you will do it.

Mine is my head.

RoseEve
25-02-14, 17:53
I am by no means fully recovered but I honestly feel like for the first time I am on my way. My lightbulb moment was realizing that I was wasting my life. What is the good of living if it is constantly in fear of the future. Nothing is certain in life. We are all going to die. What is scarier, dying prematurely or living a long life in fear and torment? I have been asking myself this. I also started recently to feel angry with my mind and my anxiety. The anger motivated me. Sounds like you have already make great strides. I find that the things I fear the most still try to grab me but you have to combat that with rational thought. Best wishes to you. :hugs:

LunaLiuna
25-02-14, 18:28
My lightbulb moment was when I noticed that it honestly doesn't matter if I'm ill or not, it's the way I'm thinking about it that really matters.

I know, it has been hard for me to remind myself of that, but honestly it's been the biggest help. I've managed to take so many positives and learn so much about myself through all of my worries, rather than just acting as if I'm never going to die and that my body is immortal.

Like RoseEve, I'm not 100% yet, but I'd say for once I'm getting closer. These things we worry about come for everyone, they always have done. Now unless your the director of Google who want to make humans immortal, the truth is we will all die. Theres nothing wrong with it, it's safe, it's normal and you can't change it, but you CAN change how you live now.

Perhaps your heart thing is a trigger for you because it's vital for your body to function, my fear was my brain, but then I thought 'oh it's not really mine, as it came from nothing and will return to nothing. So really I'm just borrowing it from existence' this lead me to gratitude rather than resentment.

That's my brief lighting of the bulb, I apologise for my fairly alternative way of thinking, I've left out the worst! :)