PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if it's anxiety, but daydreaming so bad I can't sleep!

harasgenster
25-02-14, 18:19
Hello,
Can't tell if this is anxiety. It's something that has affected me for years on and off.

Since Saturday night I've had about 4 hours' sleep, and they were all in the last 24 hours. I feel AWFUL!

The problem seems to be that I can't get my mind to rest. This happens sometimes. It's not that I'm worrying, I'm thinking about exciting or happy things...although they are pure fantasy (would never happen) so perhaps it counts as escapism so could have something to do with stress?

Anyway, I try to notice when the daydreams take over (they are very vivid and "loud") and bring my attention back to my breathing. I've tried mindfulness techniques and hypnotherapy techniques that on the nth time through finally worked last night, although I woke up again soon afterwards :(

The only stress I have at the moment is that I really want to get stuff done and I'm too sleep deprived to do it! The only thing I can achieve is my day job and then I just collapse!

Anyone know of any other techniques I could use to stop me getting so wrapped up in my thoughts?

Thanks