PDA

View Full Version : Feel a bit worried :(

Michy0202
25-02-14, 19:16
Hi I'm only 16 and I suffer from pretty bad health anxiety. I was feeling my collar bone the other day( I'm very thin so everything is easy to feel) and at the end of the clavicle below the collar bone by the arm I can feel this squishy thing. It is partially on the bone and partially off. I'm not sure if it is a lymph node. I have always been able to feel my lymph nodes in various places and it has been one of my biggest fears when I have been able to feel them. I think I can move it, it is hard to move on the bone but I think it does and it moves underneath the bone. I feel really scared...dies anyone else have or had something similar:weep:

Lucy11
25-02-14, 19:22
Is it not a tendon that you have just never noticed?

Michy0202
25-02-14, 19:23
I'm not sure can tendons be felt on the bone?

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

I'm not sure. Can tendons partially be felt on the bone?

Lucy11
25-02-14, 19:32
May depen

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Sorry, may depend on position you're in and how hard you are pushing/pressing.

Michy0202
25-02-14, 19:35
It's by the acromioclavicular joint. It's quite squishy and it moves depending what position I am in

bingjam
25-02-14, 19:39
I have little moveable bits all over my collar bone. Never been worried over them theyve been there for a long time, theres always lumps and bumps on bones on everyone x

Michy0202
25-02-14, 19:42
Do you have one that is underneath your collarbone where the acromioclavicular joint is

Lucy11
25-02-14, 19:50
Gosh you know the parts of the body! You obviously listen in your biology lessons! Have never heard of it but there must be a tendon there and as they are fibrous it would feel squashy.

Michy0202
25-02-14, 19:58
To be honest, I didn't get my knowledge from biology, I got it from the internet because of my health anxiety

LunaLiuna
25-02-14, 20:05
Hey Michy, sorry I didn't reply to your PM the other day!

After feeling my collar bone just then I can feel a bumpy thing, almost node size. It's in the dip of my neck. I'm sure it's fine, as long as it's not hurting or swollen so that you can see it I wouldn't worry. As Lucy mentioned there is a lot of muscle there so I wouldn't be surprised if that was what it really was.

I hope your feeling better soon :hugs:

Lucy11
25-02-14, 20:07
I'm sure you're fine poppet, I am very slim and you can feel bits that perhaps those with a bit more meat on them can't! If I knew how to I would lock health info sites down on my I pad and laptop but unfortunately I don't! Do you not fancy trying this, oh and I found turning up my music and doing some exercise helped me!

Michy0202
25-02-14, 20:14
Yeah I definitely need to stop going on google...it's terrifying me. I think it may be one of the ligaments but I am still wondering why I can't feel it as much on the other side. Glad you are okay, I wondered if something was wrong with you when you didn't reply :)

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

I do try and distract myself and sometimes it works but other times it takes hold of me and I cannot get out of it. It's kind of a pain being really thin. I wish I had a bit more because I wouldn't be able to feel things as much