PDA

View Full Version : strange head symptoms

mgw
25-02-14, 20:36
My anxiety is sky high today, and I'm really freaking out about these head symptoms!

I have them on a daily basis often constantly but usually do not worry about them this much, I guess because I'm anxious already I'm focusing on this a lot!

The best way I can describe them is a sort of stinging in my temples, it feels like someone's hit my head on both sides, sort of like the pain you get from pins and needles I guess? It feels like there's way to much air pressure in my head, like its gonna explode! I get normal headaches but this feels different. When it happens sometimes I also have a sore throat and ear pain.. I don't see how this can be an infection because it happens so often and has been for so long..

Does anyone else get these symptoms?!

Abi-Skinner
25-02-14, 21:32
Hi,

My anxiety causes me to get a lot of tension headaches, just recently I've been getting weird feelings in my ear, not pain as such, but a tight/pressure kinda feeling. I know it's caused by anxiety tho and try not to worry about it too much. As I'm sure you're aware the more you worry and focus on it, the worse it gets.. :(

LunaLiuna
25-02-14, 21:41
Can I ask both of you a question? do you by any chance grind/clench your teeth?

Anxiety and stress can cause you too unconsciously grind, even in your sleep. It's main symptoms are everything you've both desribed.

mgw
25-02-14, 21:55
Abi-Skinner- I can relate to the ear feeling, well, for me it feels almost like the feelings you get when your ears pop when your on the plane? I've started hearing those popping noises when I stretch my mouth constantly- unsure why this is! But it does constantly feel like a pressure kind of feeling!

LunaLiuna- You know, I have no idea if I do this! I just noticed and I was clenching my teeth, but haven't noticed this as a common thing for me! I will try to notice how often I do this!

greggs92
25-02-14, 22:01
My anxiety is sky high today, and I'm really freaking out about these head symptoms!

I have them on a daily basis often constantly but usually do not worry about them this much, I guess because I'm anxious already I'm focusing on this a lot!

The best way I can describe them is a sort of stinging in my temples, it feels like someone's hit my head on both sides, sort of like the pain you get from pins and needles I guess? It feels like there's way to much air pressure in my head, like its gonna explode! I get normal headaches but this feels different. When it happens sometimes I also have a sore throat and ear pain.. I don't see how this can be an infection because it happens so often and has been for so long..

Does anyone else get these symptoms?!

Hey! don't worry! it's just tension from the release of adrenaline - you are not coming to any harm :)

LunaLiuna
25-02-14, 22:08
Abi-Skinner- I can relate to the ear feeling, well, for me it feels almost like the feelings you get when your ears pop when your on the plane? I've started hearing those popping noises when I stretch my mouth constantly- unsure why this is! But it does constantly feel like a pressure kind of feeling!

LunaLiuna- You know, I have no idea if I do this! I just noticed and I was clenching my teeth, but haven't noticed this as a common thing for me! I will try to notice how often I do this!

Keep an eye on it, I thought I was dieing until I got told I do it in my sleep, the dentist will give you a guard for it :)

Abi-Skinner
26-02-14, 08:57
That's exactly how my ear feels too.. it's just tension.

And I most deffinatly do clench my teeth in my sleep and grind them, quite often wake up with a sore jaw and indeed sore temples.

LunaLiuna
26-02-14, 09:30
That's exactly how my ear feels too.. it's just tension.

And I most deffinatly do clench my teeth in my sleep and grind them, quite often wake up with a sore jaw and indeed sore temples.

Your jaw joint is right in front of your ear, if it becomes inflamed it can press on the canal, a trip to the dentist for a guard may be needed!