PDA

View Full Version : STILL having muscle jolts/spasms

shan
25-02-14, 21:14
So I did a post the other day speaking about how I kept having jolts/spasms in my legs but now it's like my whole body?! It's freaking me out. I'm scared it'll be something to do with my brain like a tumour causing this, I'm really scared :-(

It's just like all the time, even when I think I'm not focusing on it it'll happen and then I'll just get scared all over again. Really not making me feel relaxed or anything, feel very on edge :-(

HoneyLove
25-02-14, 21:19
Hi Shan, sorry to see you struggling like this.

Have you been using any methods to help you with your anxiety troubles?

shan
25-02-14, 21:23
Hi Shan, sorry to see you struggling like this.

Have you been using any methods to help you with your anxiety troubles?

Well for months it seemed I was going in the right direction getting over my anxiety, it's only recently I've fallen back into old habits of not knowing how to control my thoughts. It's just constant :weep:

HoneyLove
25-02-14, 22:24
Have you tried CBT or anything to help you with the irrational thoughts?

If you haven't learned any tools to help you stop that way of thinking, then it will be really hard for you to stop it by yourself.

Serenity1990
25-02-14, 23:13
For me, as soon as it became my whole body I was over the moon as I know virtually the only possible cause of this is anxiety. Our nervous systems are buzzing with overactivity and the spasms/twitches are just a product of this: false signals being fired off.

They only bother me when I'm lying down, and I usually deal with them by consciously relaxing all of my muscles slowly from head to toe. You still get the odd one but it helps. :)