PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained Anxiety

Ruizu
25-02-14, 22:32
Hello guys, I have a worry and I will explain my story,

I am a 20 year old female, I have always lived a happy life. I am a bubbly, friendly person, generally happy and outgoing. Things have started to change, and it's starting to happen in a day-to-day basis.

I am on Yasmin contraception and have been for about 4 years. I was fine during those years and never suffered any side effects from the pills and everything was going well.

I went on to study in college and went to university afterwards but dropped out, simply because I didn't enjoy the course (was very boring/already knew the teachings)

I was off work after that for about 6 months and started to get a lil bit depressed because I felt like no-body wanted to employ me. I do have great GCSEs but didn;t have a lot of work experience.

I finally have a part-time job (25 hours a week) as a retail assistant, for about 4 months for the past 2 months I have had strange anxieties and panic attacks for no reason.

They usually happen at night time before I head off to bed, it's very strange and hard to explain. I get these weird thoughts that I can't explain. I'd say they're sort of like dark thoughts (nothing serious or suicidal) but weird feelings, and I start to panic for no reason, shaking, heart racing, brain's all messed up and doesn't know what to think. I sometimes feel really lethargic, nauseous, tired and irritable. Things on the television for example start to really irritate me so I have to turn it off and sit in silence.

The only time I don't really panic is during the day and when I'm visiting the boyfriend's over the weekends. But it's starting to make me worry even more because I had a panic attack at his recently just before going to bed.

Can anyone explain to me why this could be happening? Do I need to switch contraceptive pills? I will be booking an appointment for the doctors tomorrow morning.

PS: I do smoke, but not all the time. I suppose I smoke 3-5 a day. I used to drink a lot of caffiene and I have stopped completely for about 3 months. I do not drink fizzy sugared soft drinks and energy drinks anymore. Just a couple cups of tea in the mornings.

Thank you for reading!

mgw
25-02-14, 22:40
Hi, I can't really relate with the contraceptive pill as I've only just started taking it (to try and ease pms anxiety symptoms!). But I am a similar age to you (21) and totally relate to what your describing.

I just wanna say that the anxiety symptoms you describe are totally similar to mine, and that I have freaked my self out many times because of the reason I have no reason to panic. Its like when I panic, I don't even know why I'm panicking I just have all those horrible feelings and don't know why! For me it also is so much worse at night before I go to bed. I think the reason this is caused is I've associated this time with feeling like this, so I'm looking out for it, making me more aware, so making me more prone to panic. I think remembering that you have felt awful through anxiety and panic, makes it come back stronger, so when there are times when you feel you panic the most, try to distract yourself before. I find relaxation videos on youtube really helpful (something I never thought I would). Or even reading a book, talking on the phone, anything.

Ruizu
25-02-14, 22:43
Thank you mgw that's exactly how I feel, I feel more prone to panic because I think about it a lot now, it seems to get worse and it's right in the back of my head, even when I'm working or busy with other things! I think it could be a hormonal change? Like I'm reaching adulthood now and I'll be turning 21 next month. Kind of makes you realize how much life sucks with a job and no social life.

Also I am a massive hypochondriac so that probably doesn't help XD

mgw
25-02-14, 22:52
I suffer from massive health anxiety too, kinda think there both linked in a vicious circle, it causes panic and the panic causes it! I think with anxiety you just start noticing every little thing in your body, things people wouldn't normally notice. An of course the adrenaline caused by anxiety and worry can create strange symptoms!

Yeah, I've thought mine may be a lot to do with hormonal change.. for me anxiety started to get bad when I hit about 13/14 and over the last year got worse than ever. I also notice its crazy at different times in the month!

Hope you start to feel better soon and feel free to message me whenever you like :)

Ruizu
25-02-14, 22:56
Thank you so much, and you! Yeah all you really need to do is to stop thinking about these things but it's very difficult! D:

And yes I will in future, and you may do the same! :)