PDA

View Full Version : Drowning in own fluid :(

kitkat96
25-02-14, 23:33
I've been panicking lately about my lungs filling up with fluid and me drowning slowly without being aware of it.....my breathing's been all messed up and now I've got hiccups and it's pushing me to the edge a bit :(
Any help or advice?
Thanks <3

Althea
25-02-14, 23:46
Wow, that's a new one. This isn't something that can just happen, kitkat; if you had that kind of issue, it would be because of something making you very sick in ways that would already have been apparent to medical personnel. It's just anxiety playing with your head.

anthrokid
26-02-14, 00:45
Hey kitkat,

I've actually had pnumonia before, which is when you get a lung infection that fills your lungs with fluid. You have to be sick with a cold or chest infection for quite some time to be at risk of your lungs filling up with fluid, and even then, you'd know very early that they were (it is painful) and you'd get treatment well before they are able to drown you.

One of the main indicators of your lungs being filled with fluid is that you constantly cough up a thick yucky brown mucus (not clear, not yellowish - thick awful brown stuff). It also hurts a lot to breathe in, and you can't breathe without coughing and spluttering, especially while lying down. You would be very aware of it.

If you are really concerned, check in with your docto, they'll be able to tell very quickly if you are showing ANY signs of a chest/lung infection. They may also be able to tell you the cause of your troubled breathing if it is bothering you a lot. It does sound to me like your 'messed up breathing' may just be anxiety. Anxiety can actually cause difficulty breathing - e.g. shortness of breathe, always feeling like you cannot get enough air, fast breathing, etc.

Fishmanpa
26-02-14, 01:11
I've been panicking lately about my lungs filling up with fluid and me drowning slowly without being aware of it.....my breathing's been all messed up and now I've got hiccups and it's pushing me to the edge a bit :(
Any help or advice?
Thanks <3

Can't happen. You'd be VERY aware of it. Something like fluid in the lungs just doesn't happen as it's typically a result of infection and other serious issues.

Positive thoughts