PDA

View Full Version : PIP claim timescales

kevh
26-02-14, 10:15
HI, my name is kev and i suffer from a bipolar condition. At the moment i'm in wrag group ESA but my worker from MIND encouraged me to apply for PIP. They've spoken with her and my psychiatrist and have enough information to make a reccomendation without having to attend a dreaded ATOS face to face interview. I've rang ATOS and they have confirmed i don't need an interview and actually used the term 'good news' twice while referring to this fact.

I was just wondering if anyone else is or has been in this position and average timescales before dwp make decisions?

thanks

kev

rachel m
31-03-14, 15:00
Hi Kev. I've been waiting for a decision since first putting my claim in on 31st August last year!! They are blaming it on backlog. Ive had the address off them today for the complaints dept of which i will have to write to them then wait up to 20 days on their reciept of my letter for a reply. Good luck.

Kells81
31-03-14, 15:17
Hi Kev. I've been waiting for a decision since first putting my claim in on 31st August last year!! They are blaming it on backlog. Ive had the address off them today for the complaints dept of which i will have to write to them then wait up to 20 days on their reciept of my letter for a reply. Good luck.

I'm in the same position except mine was sent off mid July and I still haven't had my assessment.

I'm only allowed to be on esa for one year unless I'm assessed and put in the support group so I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do if that doesn't happen before July. This system is such a mess!

kdkkd5
27-04-14, 15:30
Hi all im new on here but I applied for PIP last September and had my assessment on the 4th of this month. I read somewhere that you need to phone the DWP every two weeks to make them get their fingers out their butt as they blame the assessment companies for the back log so I phoned last Monday and to my shock they had my assessment results back from Capita but have yet to make a decision. I wiil be calling back again one week tomorrow if I haven't heard before then. They are supposed to have made a decision within 26 weeks of the claim being made!!