PDA

View Full Version : My second thread

williamandmax
26-02-14, 11:16
Hi
I've only been on here a few days and have found it to be a lot of help.

I've already posted on general anxiety section...however I wanted to also post on here so apologies if this seems like I'm repeating myself.

I'm currently going through what seems to be an almost incontrolable amount of anxiety..panic etc. I think this is due to several factors that have been building up over the last 6 months and also due to working long hours for over a year now, with no real break.

I've had episodes of panic attacks over the years and they tend to go eventually once I've sorted myself out. However this time it's a bit different..not only am I getting very panicky and I'm also getting the missed heartbeats which I've had before, however I sometimes get this slight dizziness..heart is going to stop feeling that comes on very sudden.

The reason why I'm posting under this section is something which hasn't really occurred to me until I read it earlier.

I had a blood test a few weeks ago..and one of the results was abnormal...high blood sugar...now it isn't in the diabetes range (I'm seeing the nurse later this week) but it isn't completely normal.

I'm obviously not looking for medical advice as I'm seeing my GP today..but wondered if this could possibly be adding to the fuzzy..dizzy adrenal rush episodes I'm getting?

Max

jillyb
26-02-14, 14:05
I did read that anxiety can push your blood sugar levels up, so hopefully that's all it is. X

Montana2
26-02-14, 16:04
William, 5 years ago I started to have high anxiety and panic attacks that were there non stop. Along with the panic were symptoms that suggested something terrible in my body was going on. Like you, I went to the doctor and blood test revealed higher than normal blood sugar. Pre-diabetes. I started with medicine for anxiety and Metformin for the blood sugar. I started a diet really low on carbs and healthy fats. A few weeks later I was feeling normal. Now, I have been slacking on my low carb diet and stopped medicine a year ago. Anxiety and panic is back. Maybe time for me to start Metformin again and see if lower sugars will help. I have the feeling that might be part of the problem this time too. I hope you feel better soon!