PDA

View Full Version : Restless legs

Mondie
26-02-14, 14:21
Hi All

Hope you are all doing ok today, the sun is finally shining here so that is making me smile!

I just had a quick question...I have suffered from RLS for as long as I can remember, but recently it has got more frequent and today I can feel it in my feet.

This is a new sensation, has anyone else suffered for restless feet as well as legs?

Thanks in advance.

DarkSyn3rgy
26-02-14, 14:31
I used to suffer with it quite a bit on and off. I found out that cold and flu tablets and sleeping tablets can set it off in a few people. It's very frustrating. Have you tried elevating your feet and legs with a couple of pillows, this used to help me.

SarahH
26-02-14, 17:37
I get RLs in the night. My solution is to get up, come downstairs and stand on the concrete floor in my kitchen which is cold... in the summer I go into my garden and stand on the patio. The cooling of my feet relieves the RLs.If that doesn't work I stand in the shower and run COLD water on my feet.

I have also read that Vitamin B supplements help.

Sarah

Phuzella
26-02-14, 17:51
I've read that magnesium can help restless legs :)

Fishmanpa
26-02-14, 17:56
Arrrggg.... RLS... I know it well. A side effect from chemo for me. That along with a plethora of other pleasantries.

I would speak with your doctor if it's persistent. RLS is linked to magnesium deficiencies. I take a medication that quells the RLS and neuropathy issues I have. Perhaps there is something in a low dose that can alleviate the symptoms.

Positive thoughts

Sam100322
26-02-14, 18:03
I suffer from this it comes and goes for me sometimes I'll go for days without it but then it comes on. For me it's like a water feeling down my legs or sometimes around my thighs I check sometimes as I think I've wet myself silly I know

RVP
26-02-14, 18:05
I get restless legs in my cafls and omg is it annoying! I haven't found any solution to it yet, apart from going to sleep lol.

Mondie
26-02-14, 19:45
Thanks guys, it's horrible isn't it! I had my wisdom tooth out yesterday and think it might be a reaction to the novacaine as I have never had it this bad for a long time. Husband has been massaging my feet which has helped somewhat, hope to gone by the morning!

mummyanxious
26-02-14, 19:52
I had this past two nights having not had it since pregnancy. No idea why its kicked in but my whole legs figit like there are ants in them.

Serenity1990
26-02-14, 20:23
I've had this since I was a kid. An ex girlfriend told me a great solution that actually worked: when you feel it, even if you don't need one get up and have a wee. No more restless legs.

mummyanxious
26-02-14, 21:29
Yes that's what I did last night!!

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

Oh no mine have just started up. All in my thighs and goes into my bottom, urgh

Mondie
26-02-14, 21:38
Quick...have a wee! :D

Thanks for your messages guys, it's just feels so weird in my feet!