PDA

View Full Version : In a very bad place right now

ryangreen
26-02-14, 14:30
Hey guys

Haven't been on here much do to dealing with my cousins death and all that went with it.

I have been helping family but not taking care of myself and I am terrified right now my hands and feet are sweating like mad, my chest hurts on my left side it feels like my heart is in a vice. I am terrified I might be having a heart attack

jillyb
26-02-14, 14:37
You've had a really difficult time and have coped. Now, your body and mind are telling you to take it easy on yourself. I'm sure this is all anxiety, which is hardly surprising. Try some deep breathing and listen to something relaxing. Be kind to yourself and maybe just try and accept that this is anxiety and that it will pass. I lost my ex last year and it deeply affected me and my HA has been off the scale since then. I hope you soon feel better x

Spondoolicks
26-02-14, 14:41
Sorry for your loss Ryan. Have you been to see your doctor? They maybe able to offer some fort if grief counseling to help you through this terrible period in your life. Do hope you get some peace soon. I'm not a doctor but I would guess your symptoms are all part of your anxiety. Try talking to a family member or a friend, maybe they can offer you some comfort and guidance. Take care of yourself

anthrokid
26-02-14, 22:32
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It's never smooth sailing when we lose someone we love, especially if we take on the role of caring for everyone else instead of ourselves. It's really important at this stage for you to find someone to talk to and give you some support. You've been supporting all of those around you, but noone has been supporting you. It might be worthwhile heading in to see your doctor to ask about some counselling, as others have suggested. Sometimes having that extra support can make a world of difference.

"my hands and feet are sweating like mad, my chest hurts on my left side it feels like my heart is in a vice."

This sounds to me like you're dealing with a nasty panic attack, which isn't unusual given the amount of stress and pressure you've been putting yourself under. However, it's best to check in with your doctor to get some reassurance that it wasn't a heart attack (which, I will reiterate, it doesn't sound like to me). Let your doctor know about these symptoms and how you felt when they happened. They may be able to help you understand it better and manage it if it were to happen again.

Tanner40
27-02-14, 12:28
Ryan, losing someone we love is always difficult. Trying to care for ourselves and our loved ones puts great pressure on our bodies and our minds. Generally, taking care of ourselves is what gets left by the wayside.
I've had a couple of months full of exactly this. Anxiety rears it's ugly head and breathes down our necks. It's all going to be okay. You just have to accept that it anxiety, and begin to take steps to care for yourself.