PDA

View Full Version : Thyroids

illcoolz
26-02-14, 14:35
Hi guys,

This is my second post, and it's just something I wanted to share and get your opinion.

I'm 23, and I've done blood tests a few days ago to get some reassurance that I am ok, and what I am going through is from anxiety. I got my tests back, and they were all fine. I just have one test left, which is thyroid test, that I will get back next week.

I am so worried and convinced that it won't look good. I feel so anxious just waiting, and the fact that I have to wait a week is annoying. The symptoms I feel, are me being anxious a lot of the time, scared something bad will happen to me, I feel my legs are weak sometimes, depersonalization when I go out sometimes, mild depression, and I get hungry quite quickly. That's pretty much it. I haven't lost or gained weight, so that's gotta mean that I am ok, but this feeling of me getting hungry quickly, is what scares me. I feel I need to keep eating to be strong and energetic. My glucose levels are normal, I checked many times. I also did check my thyroids 2 years ago, and they were fine as well. I feel when I do see my test results, and hopefully they are ok, I think I would feel much better. But until then, I just feel miserable.

What do you guys think?

Fishmanpa
26-02-14, 14:53
What do you guys think?

Thyroid issues don't cause what you're feeling. Anxiety does ;) At 23, if you're active (which your post implies), your body will demand fuel, thus the hunger. Perfectly normal.

Positive thoughts

Dexterjames
26-02-14, 15:48
Thyroid issues don't cause what you're feeling. Anxiety does ;) At 23, if you're active (which your post implies), your body will demand fuel, thus the hunger. Perfectly normal.

Positive thoughts
I total agree with Fishmanpa You will have extreme cases of hunger when you are anxious i my self just cant stop eating at the moment its crazy.
Why is this?Well it does not take much to work out we are so anxious we are burning all are energy up constantly its totally normal.In a few weeks time you may do the opposite not each much totally normal again.
And your 23 and active just chill out :)

jill
26-02-14, 17:09
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I have 2 sisters with thyroid problems and both lead a NORMAL and active life:yesyes:

In saying that, the others are right, feeling hungry has nothing AT ALL to do with thyroid problems ALL your symptoms sound anxiety related to me.

Its GOOD to hear your getting a good check over, a good foundation to work from. I am sure your going to be just fine.

There are times when I feel, soooo hungry. I feel that's normal for everyone.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

Althea
26-02-14, 17:18
Your symptoms don't sound particularly thyroidy to me either, but even if they are, as jill says, it's not a big deal. Thyroid stuff is very manageable--I have it, and it's not a problem.

illcoolz
27-02-14, 10:51
Thanks a lot for your replies everyone, it does make me feel better.

rachael t
13-03-14, 20:05
hi did you get your results for thyroid only my symptoms sound similar to yours mainly weakness in legs like jelly and that i need to eat

lelespears
23-03-14, 19:09
I have thyroid disease and my anxiety is a huge part of it..