PDA

View Full Version : The pulse rate of a anxiety state

Dexterjames
26-02-14, 16:21
Hi there i have been on the forums for a while great to no people and learn more about this condition.

This is the issue that keeps going on round in my head.

When my problems started it was about 5+ months ago i first had a anxiety issue back in 2012 but got over it completely in 2 months and back to reality.

This time it is worse and now i cant even work.

My resting heart rate 5 months ago was 40-55 as i am fit don't smoke or drink diet could do with a bit of adjusting.

After a day of worrying about my symptoms i had a panic attack sending my whole left side of my face numb and creating the pain in my head to be unbearable i realized i was in a state of panic for some weeks.

After 2 months a Doctor who i now see regularly managed to calm me down some what and my regular visits to the hospital have stopped i was in AE or ER as the US calls it constantly then sent home.

The thing is does this anxiety state change our pulse rates before this happened 45-55 BPM my panic attack 120 BPM NOW 75-85 BPM CONSTANLY i don't like this and mentioned it to my doctor she says its normal i said Why she replied because your in a state of worries constantly and this is what causes a lot of symptoms as my blood is pumping a little faster then usual + more adrenalin.

Has any body noticed this happened to them before your issues you where slower BPM now your somewhat higher every day with your pulse rate?

HoneyLove
26-02-14, 16:41
Hi dexterjames,

Your doctor is right, the constant release of stress chemicals in your body will keep your heart rate high - you'll find loads of posts on these forums about it. If she hasn't put your mind at ease about the issue then you might like to speak to her again to clarify the issue, or maybe do a little research on the effects of stress and anxiety yourself.

With the headache you had, and face going numb, it sounds very like a migraine. Maybe a migraine triggered the anxiety, or maybe it was the other way around - stress is a big migraine trigger.

Have you gotten any help with your stress levels? Are you doing CBT or anything like that?

ankietyjoe
26-02-14, 16:43
During my worst panic attacks a couple of years ago my heart rate would peak at about 180-190 bpm and my partner said she could feel it across the sofa. When I came down from the peak I would have a HR of around 90-100 for sometimes several hours.

My normal resting heart rate is anything from 65-80bpm

Dexterjames
26-02-14, 16:46
Hi dexterjames,

Your doctor is right, the constant release of stress chemicals in your body will keep your heart rate high - you'll find loads of posts on these forums about it. If she hasn't put your mind at ease about the issue then you might like to speak to her again to clarify the issue, or maybe do a little research on the effects of stress and anxiety yourself.

With the headache you had, and face going numb, it sounds very like a migraine. Maybe a migraine triggered the anxiety, or maybe it was the other way around - stress is a big migraine trigger.

Have you gotten any help with your stress levels? Are you doing CBT or anything like that?

Yes i have been referred to a psychiatrist ,I find it hard to deal with just want my normal heart rate back hope the psych helps ,The other thing i find is a large % of suffers panic about there heart or lungs i have all ways been worrying about my head and the elevated heart rate is just annoying that's all but i guess it plays a huge role.

HoneyLove
26-02-14, 16:51
I'm glad to hear it, I'm sure the counselling will really help you.

You might also like to have a look at this free online CBT course, it's good to help you manage those irrational thoughts:

https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome

You'll find that HA sufferers worry about almost anything, and often they worry about one thing for a while before moving on to another thing. So don't think too much about it, just accept the heart rate as part of your stress levels and learn as many tools as you can to help your body and brain relax again.

Dexterjames
26-02-14, 16:57
I'm glad to hear it, I'm sure the counselling will really help you.

You might also like to have a look at this free online CBT course, it's good to help you manage those irrational thoughts:

https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome

You'll find that HA sufferers worry about almost anything, and often they worry about one thing for a while before moving on to another thing. So don't think too much about it, just accept the heart rate as part of your stress levels and learn as many tools as you can to help your body and brain relax again.

Excellent thanks for the info :)

HoneyLove
26-02-14, 16:59
I hope you find yourself feeling good again soon! A daily relaxation practice, and exercise a few days a week, will release stress reducing hormones in your body and help to bring that heart rate down again :)

Dexterjames
26-02-14, 17:14
During my worst panic attacks a couple of years ago my heart rate would peak at about 180-190 bpm and my partner said she could feel it across the sofa. When I came down from the peak I would have a HR of around 90-100 for sometimes several hours.

My normal resting heart rate is anything from 65-80bpm

WOW that must of been hard for you :unsure: