PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal for a bruise??

cut_out_stars
26-02-14, 21:07
I bashed my arm moving my sofa by myself two weeks ago (possibly not my best idea!) and hurt my arm a bit doing so. Thought it'd bruise and it did.. Problem is that it was about 12-14 days ago I hit my arm now and the bruise is still there (see attached pic, sorry about my gross arms lol) is this normal?! I've convinced myself that this bruise is 'bad' in some way! I think because it's so dark? I also read ages ago that you need to see a GP if I bruise lasts more than two weeks so I'm freaking out a bit :(

It does look a bit like it's changing colour slowly to a more greeny yellow but I'm worried because there's still purple in there? And it seems so dark..

So much for not getting obsessed about my lumps, bumps and spots!

mummyanxious
26-02-14, 21:11
Looks fine to me.
I fell over and had a right old bruise on my arm about a year ago and it took ages to fade. Looked like I'd been beaten up

Annie0904
26-02-14, 21:11
It looks perfectly normal to me. When I fractured my foot it took 6 months for the bruises to go :) I bashed my knee over a week ago and the bruise is just starting to go yellow now, mostly dark purple.

cut_out_stars
26-02-14, 21:43
Thanks mummyanxious & annie0904 :) it doesn't help that bruises completely gross me out *shudders* I wish it would fade already!

Annie0904
26-02-14, 22:03
I always have bruises, especially on my knees where I bash into the bed post after I have been to the loo in the middle of the night :D

cut_out_stars
26-02-14, 22:09
Ha me too! I'm REALLY clumsy, always walking into doors, falling over things, cutting myself you name it!

Dexterjames
26-02-14, 22:14
I bashed my arm moving my sofa by myself two weeks ago (possibly not my best idea!) and hurt my arm a bit doing so. Thought it'd bruise and it did.. Problem is that it was about 12-14 days ago I hit my arm now and the bruise is still there (see attached pic, sorry about my gross arms lol) is this normal?! I've convinced myself that this bruise is 'bad' in some way! I think because it's so dark? I also read ages ago that you need to see a GP if I bruise lasts more than two weeks so I'm freaking out a bit :(

It does look a bit like it's changing colour slowly to a more greeny yellow but I'm worried because there's still purple in there? And it seems so dark..

So much for not getting obsessed about my lumps, bumps and spots!
Yes its normal that how my arm looked still ten days after the doc took bloods :(

emlica
27-02-14, 09:03
It looks fine, like a normal fading bruise. I've not heard the thing about having to go to a GP if a bruise lasts more than 2 weeks, but I'd guess it meant 'if it still looks the same after 2 weeks', whereas from what you've said about it changing colour, yours is improving.

rebeccad
27-02-14, 09:25
Yes looks totally normal to me to , they change colour and fade , x

KLP
27-02-14, 09:39
Hi we all have different clotting factor levels in our blood, normal person ranges from 50-100% clotting factor. Mine is 52, the lower end of normal. It true when they say 'I bruise easy'. I know a little about blood, my son has haemophilia. Sometimes for some it may take a little longer to heal that's all.

cut_out_stars
27-02-14, 15:38
Thanks for the replies everyone I appreciate it :)