PDA

View Full Version : A LOT of tension between the eyebrows!

killjoy
27-02-14, 08:37
Hello.

I think I've had this for the better part of my teens and and twenties, but I always figured it's just the way I look, the way I was born, however, recently I've come to really good conclusions this is probably of psychological nature. 2 things made me realise I can probably get rid of this; 1. I was looking younger pictures of myself when I was around ten and my eyebrows were looking totally different, "stress free", totally released, not sure how I can describe that, I looked so much happier and less stressed, so down to earth. 2. When I wake up in the morning after a good night sleep and look in the mirror I look exactly like the kid I was when I was ten (eyebrow wise), but after the everyday life worries kick and I start to think something and process something in my mind in I get tensed up (usually takes about half an hour) and look like I'm angry or troubled - which I was for a long time, but not so much anymore, and the tension still persists. I feel like because of this people misjudge me and I can't really make a good first impressions. I cannot, really cannot, tell you how much different (good sense!) I look in the morning.

Very often I also get pimples above my nose, right above each eyebrow (yes, almost always there's two of them).

I really want to fix this and I'm so confident that I can. I've done a lot of self-discovery this year and became so much more aware of the every day stuff I do, even the most usual, routine stuff, and already improved myself in a lot of ways. I just want to become the best version of myself, the one I intended to be.

So, does anyone have an idea how to release the eyebrow tension? Whenever I realise this in the morning I try very hard not to tense them and stay chill. It's really no problem until I get distracted by a thought and find myself all tensed up already a minute after. By that time it's usually already too late and I'll just remain so over the day. There were some rare instances, though, when I succeeded in totally releasing the eyebrow tension but it mostly ever happened when I was high on weed, however, I don't practice that anymore because I drift off way too much and too deep and sometimes get a panic attack because of it.

The only solution I can think of right now is meditation, however, I've tried it a couple of times and I get distracted so easily and feel like it's doing nothing for me...

Thank you for about any advice..